Drone Hacks app - How to enable FCC mode and remove NFZs on your DJI Mavic 3, Air, Air 2, Air 2s Air 3, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, Avata, RC Pro or DJI FPV drone

It was version 1.4.8 (build 1120) causing endless problems for me, mostly with all telemetry cutting out. The beta version I’m trying is 1.4.8 (build 1185), did a flight earlier with no issues so fingers crossed it’s fixed the issues

1 Like

Guinea pig checking back in. Went for a flight this morning on Beta version 1.4.8 (1185) and the DH companion app. No issues, everything working well including RTH and excellent signal. I fly about once a day so I will report back if have any issues

2 Likes

Has anybody tried to see if the DH FCC Hack still works on the released v1.4.12 of DJI Fly app yet.

I know when they released the hack (Certificate version), they advised not to upgrade, but I also know there is people out there that just cannot resist the temptation of upgrading :grinning:

Probably best to wait and see what they come back with on slack :wink:

1 Like

Yes agreed, just pinged Bin4ry to see if he has done any testing.

I know FCC works with the “other” FCC App done by “Drone Tweaks” as its just updated me with 1.4.8 either the release version or the Beta.

1 Like

Should have checked Drone Hacks home page in the first place before bothering Bin4ry, But both came back with: Latest known good DJI Fly version: 1.4.12

So all good to update to 1.4.12 :grin:

Cheers for the updates. The new streaming mode introduces quite a bit of fpv lag for me when streaming so will test and see if FCC mode improves that at all

New firmware released for the Air 2 and 2S last night.

The release notes for both simply say:

Optimized flight safety

Great :roll_eyes:

As per, DH users are advised to hold off updating until we know if it’s safe to do so.

Morning all,

I’ve been reading this complete thread and visited the drone hacks website to have a look at it. Very interesting topic. Once which I was completely unaware of. I’m not sure I fully understand why you would use it so I won’t be.

I’ll be keeping my beedy :eyes: on it though as find it fascinating.

I am curious as to the perks and reasons why you would do this though. If I may ask that!

Andy.

Dear Andy,

Please feel free to fire up a new thread to ask that question.

We’d like to keep this thread on the specific topic of the Drone Hacks app.

Thank you.

Understood. Will do. I can’t edit my post to remove my question. So feel free to remove that line if you can? And anything else afterwards.

Andy.

DH users, confirmed safe to update the Air 2 and 2S firmware :+1:t2:

1 Like

OK, got my juices flowing here…I run a M2P and a Mini2 on a smart controller, do I need a license for both drones or can I run both on the same licence?

One for each

Not so safe, it would seem.

A bit of confusion from Bin4ry’s earlier message re “noting to worry about”.

Some clarity provided today:

3 Likes

It says here

License for 1 Drone (valid for this drone only, cannot be transferred to another drone!)

@Sparkyws I need to get to spec savers…

Rumour says the latest firmware release for Air2/2S is specifically designed to prevent hacking - anyone tried these with the latest firmware installed ?

:fu: This

don’t update it is the update that removes the certificate

1 Like

Which doesn’t bode well for the M3