Drone Here I Come :-) ... Wirral

Hi all and thanks for the add.

Just wanted to get into drones and now I have the chance
er-indoors is working bulk shifts so I have 4 out of 5 weekends by myself so now’s a good opportunity to get into flying [image]
I have decided on a Mavic Air 2 but there are loads on eBay and me having a trigger happy finger when getting into something new am resisting the temptation to just go for it.
I am on the Wirral in the UK.
If anyone can offer an tips for buying then that would be great.
I will look around the forum as well for newbie posts [image]

3 Likes

Welcome Christopher…

Personally I wouldn’t buy second hand, not knowing the history.

If funds allow then opt for the Fly More package new and perhaps get the refresh option from DJI.

Although I guess if the drone on Ebay has refresh then it is still covered.

Having said all the above, I did purchase a like new from amazon, but at least I have the protection from them and can return if necessary.

Either way enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

Yes I am being cautious compared top trigger happy and just jumping in off the cuff.
Will look at the refresh option and go from there.
Cheers

Hi Christopher welcome to GADC! How much are you looking to pay for a secondhand Mavic Air 2 on ebay? The reason I’m asking is Very (the online retailer) offer a 10% discount on your first order if you open a credit account with them and use the discount code ‘WELCOME’ at the checkout. You can also spread the payments interest free over 3 months. Worth a look and good luck :+1:t2:

Welcome! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I resisted the temptation since April but finally took the plunge at Black Friday direct from DJI (the deals weren’t as good as I hoped though). Took forever to arrive. The Fly more kit is definitely worth it! Plus the refresh.

I suspect there may be a few unwanted gifts ending up on eBay soon? Maybe you’ll find a sealed gem.

Hhhmm looks interesting will take a look later :slight_smile:

I agree about the fly more kit is defiantly worth it due to have 3 batteries worth of flying time :slight_smile:
I am scanning eBay, Amazon etc. to find a good deal :slight_smile:

If I was getting a new one, I’d go for a UK dealer (Drones direct?) rather than ebay - much easier for returns etc. A lot on ebay as you say with varying prices. But it’s a widely acclaimed quite recent model and supposedly much sought after. As witness all the ‘new’ ones. So why so many secondhand ones for sale? I’m sure if I had one I wouldn’t be selling it in a hurry :wink:
Cheers
Peter

Stick with Amazon. Although my Air 2 may well be on Ebay very soon! Only had 3 flights to date. All depends if I go for a bigger drone.

Go with anyone but dronesdirect - countless topics on here about how bad they are.

Amazon, Argos, Currys, Very, Hobby Mounts, Leicester Drones, Heliguy, etc.

3 Likes

PingSpike said: ’ Go with anyone but dronesdirect’

Sorry if I misled anyone - I’ve never had any dealings with Drones Direct, just know of them as a DJI dealer. I bought my Hubsan 501s new via Amazon and my Fimi A3 secondhand on ebay. But the ebay purchase was at a time (early Summer) when no new A3s were available, and in any case it was nowhere near the amount of money that is required for an Air 2. But yes, as you say there are plenty of UK stores that sell DJI drones. If I was buying one new I’d shop around, but probably end up with the nearest dealer! Most will do a price match these days.

DroneGeek said: ‘Although my Air 2 may well be on Ebay very soon! Only had 3 flights to date.’

Why selling so soon? - I thought the A3 was a particularly good drone.

Cheers

Peter

1 Like

It is - however if the Mavic Pro 3 comes out soon, then I might get that instead. Just undecided currently.

I have just purchased a Mini 2 as well - as I do not wish to be restricted. But I suspect that might be more affected by wind which we get a lot here.

Thats the $64,000,000 question if and when.

Have you considered the Autel Evo 2, fly where you want without any of those stupid DJI restrictions stopping you

1 Like

Could you elaborate a bit on these restriction that the Autel Evo 2 flys under compared to the Air 2?

TIA from a newbie :slight_smile:

Check out this thread,

DJI (all the newer stuff) has lots of hardcoded NFZ’s (No Fly Zones) that it won’t even let you start the motors in, so if you live in one of these (often unnecessary)restricted areas then you is stuffed.

Other drone makers (Autel for example) do not impose such restrictions, allowing you the freedom to decide where is safe to fly.

2 Likes