Drone & model aircraft space

Hi just wondering if Can “a drone share the same airspace as an unmanned model aircraft at the same time”

I have been asked by a model aircraft friend who would like me to film his aircraft in the air, So just wondering if that is possible under CAA rules, i am unclear, It will be over a field with field owners consent, and other pilot is happy, no other people involved, no crowds or animals.

There are no rules against this as far as CAA are concerned. One of the fpv crew might be along to advise on frequencies etc as I think some aircraft do not like playing nice with dji kit because of interference @group-fpv

2 Likes

Hi thanks for your reply.

We fly many drones and wings etc at that same time, no rules or laws are saying you can’t

Yup crack on, loads of videos of plane chasing, etc. And it’s one of the most fun things to do in the hobby (as long as you don’t hit them, though even more fun if they’ve allowed you to hit them and take them out!)

Just check video frequencies, etc if he’s FPV. Control link should be fine!

At Foley’s first meet up, there were at least half a dozen drones and a wing up in the air at the same time. ( my drone amongst them) :wink::wink:

1 Like