Drone owners face drink-fly ban? Telegraph Article

I suppose it will go like motor vehicles …police can tell if your motor vehicle is insured…so it might be the CAA can tell if you have Insurance…just a surmise and not a fact…the same as RID …when it comes in…they have the ability to make sure that manufacturers like DJI put a system in that it can not fly without being registered with the CAA…though I don’t know how they will do the same with self build…though you can be sure they will be looking

1 Like

"….I just can’t see how they will enforce that, what about all the whoop flyers out there ?...

It will no doubt be a coverall The law will be there. That’s enough.

1 Like

They can’t (currently) sort out or enforce Flyer ID’s so the minefield that is insurance will be interesting to watch.

2 Likes

I would prefer it if they did do that tbh, the Argos morons flying where they shouldnt cause those of us that follow the rules enough issues as it is. Just curious if you are all thinking they are now going to extend the current rules to the sub 250g category? Would seem a tad pointless to me, I fly my whoop full speed into myself for a laugh, barely feel it.

2 Likes

You don’t have to really kill anyone or badly injure them but if you do injure them in ANY way, they can sue the pants off you…and you know how people love compensation…the lawyers are always behind them. Kerrrchiiiing!!

3 Likes

And that’s why I’m happy to have my public liability insurance for the sake of what 50quid a year? Totally worth it.

1 Like

Holy shit that’s expensive.

3 Likes

If you work it out for how many hours I fly it’s only 0.000000001p per hour, sounds like a bargain to me

2 Likes

While I agree a lot of those are due to the much faster speeds we have seen over lock down with the empty roads.

In addition that brought out some truly spectacular driving which has unfortunately resulted in more road deaths.

2 Likes

50 quid is not a bargain no matter how you try to spin it.

3 Likes

So you are flying totally uninsured? Seems very irresponsible, people like you give drone pilots a bad name.

Seriously?

How did you not make the connection?

:man_facepalming:t2:

Pretty obviously did. So you don’t have insurance?

My insurance situation is of no concern of yours, but thanks for judging me regardless.

Well you seem to think it’s too expensive? So I guess you don’t pay it? Very irresponsible, unfortunately people like you are holding back this hobby.

Wait, I need more popcorn.

1 Like

Pick your moment better in future or just grow up a bit instead :man_shrugging:

I think what you’re paying for PLI is way over the odds.

Even the drone-hating BMFA don’t charge £50 quid :confused:

Shop around at the next renewal, you could save yourself some dosh :+1:t2:

Again, still no concern of yours.

People like me? :roll_eyes:

Sorry about that. Let me know when’s good for you? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

It is the bmfa one so not sure how you work that out, but I guess if you don’t pay you wouldn’t know.
Wait until I over pay for something silly that I want and try to argue it’s a bargain…rather than something you also pay for, I know I’m living rent free in your head but you’re just making a fool of yourself.

3 Likes

Sorry, screen shot doesn’t fit too well on my phone but here’s some good example prices :+1:t2:

2 Likes