Drone owners face drink-fly ban? Telegraph Article

I think your maths is out there slightly

2 Likes

That was the point yes.

I know, it was quite the complicated joke.

I think I pay about £30 maybe a bit less…for £12m public liability…only for recreational flying…I have my GVC and OA and my commercial insurance is done by the day via Coverdrone or Flock if it’s by the hour …though it is not mandatory for insurance if you are flying recreationally, but to me it’s like driving a car without insurance…we insure our house car and lives…even our jobs …by joining a union …but in reality like life…not everyone does…but at the end of the day…if people aren’t insured for whatever…car/house/drone/life…they take the consequences…you can’t at the moment force anyone to take out any type of insurance…though anyone who fails to hold insurance that is required by law…are in the crap…

3 Likes

https://forcescompare.uk/guides/how-many-drivers-are-not-insured-in-the-uk/

One million car drivers aren’t insured every day!

How would they police Drone pilots?

Its also the same for Alcohol, the police cant enforce it

I cant ever see it happening

2 Likes

How would they police Drone pilots?
As fo making it happen. I worked for the CAA and its predeccesors for 30 yrs and I can tll you…when they get in high gear they go…I warned people about licences on a website 3 years ago that they would introrduce licences because of idiots…People shouted me down and laughted…Never do it they said…

CAA can make Insurance imandatory - adjust the licence application (and renewals) by adding a space for your insurance company and policy number details …No insurance no licence…
Any accident and subsequent investigation or claims for compensation and the law shifts into action…Its not insurmountable

Because that works for the aforementioned car owners ?

They can’t even get on top of TV licences

2 Likes

Different ships different cap tallies.

It’s impossible to enforce realistically just the uninsured would get bitten if they do happen to have a crash that ends up in court really.

and if there was an accident that was serious…it would reflect on the whole drone community…unfortunately…

Yep and we are back to the same old problem that those who do follow the rules and act responsibly end up being punished due to those that do not.

1 Like

Already a Section for that on the caa portal.

2 Likes

ah yes…my error…def an age thing!.. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes