Drone Safe Register store burgled

I’m not sure mate, although I knew the mention of Peter having something or maybe used too with the company, I didn’t ask to much as I didn’t want to seem nosey, The guy I spoke too and I’ve spoke to his brother a couple of times too. Are still very upset and say how it’s really affected business which I totally understand, also the principles of it, he said they thought who ever done it knew exactly where they was going and obviously what for.

He’s all over the homepage of their web site still :thinking:

I haven’t a clue then, they’re suppose to be ringing me when the mavic 3 classic on its own is available, I wouldn’t want to ask outright but then again I’d only be, being curious in a light hearted conversation but he / they 100% said there eating the cost and what caused a problem was, they had none of the serial numbers for the last lot that were stolen, maybe that could have voided the insurance :man_shrugging:t2: , as we know with most insurance company’s they look for ways Not to pay out rather than pay out.

1 Like

Just got off the phone too drone safe store, I told them the news is shared on here & sorry for the loss again, they are very appreciative for it to be shared on here !

1 Like

I heard they were looking for a fella suspected to be involved who keeps ringing up asking whole load of questions about there security and other nosey stuff claiming be from a drone forum. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Looooool, I forgot they had my number, they said there ring me when the stock lands, yea could look a bit suss, Not guilty !

1 Like

Gimp outfit :thinking: :thinking:

No can’t be me, he’s dressed for winter, I’m still wearing shorts & sliders ! :smiley:

1 Like

A smoke cloak would probably have gone a long way to stopping that break in. Also putting your drones on a shelf doesn’t exactly qualify as security. Putting them in a reinforced van vault type safe at the end of the day (instead of leaving them on a shelf) would have gone a long way towards stopping that attempt.

Also someone should tell them about how Smartwater or Alphadot are pretty good deterrents.

If my business had been hit and I had lost a substantial amount of money due to it, I would have had fort knox level security going forward, because if they hit you once, you can pretty much guarantee they will hit you again.

Hopefully they recorded the serial numbers this time.

According to a post above from their newsletter, their stock was safe because of their investment in security. Only the demo drones on the shelf got stolen.

1 Like

Ahh so the demo drones weren’t worth anything?

Still it perpetuates the problem. They found drones that they could steal. They should expect to get burgled again in the future until they secure all of the drones, regardless of whether they are stock or demo. If you provide nothing easy to steal, the likelihood of getting burgled again will be significantly reduced. But if you leave drones out, even demo drones, you just create another reason for the people to come back again. If they find nothing,will they risk coming back again and possibly finding nothing again or pick an easier target?

By “demo drones” I’m assuming we’re talking about an empty plastic shell with no innards, designed solely for shop display purposes?

2 Likes

No they are fully functional drones with serial numbers but are marked demo

I would say pretty much useless

3 Likes

Hi all,

This is Tom from the Drone Safe Store.

Just wanted to put a note on here as I have read some comments.

Thanks to all who are supporting us. Fingers crossed they get caught, investigation is currently ongoing and not much I can say.

The demonstration drones do not cost us anything. They all say display demo etched onto them and are all bound to my DJI account. No boxes, most likely damaged from the bag, and no extra batteries or leads etc.

I have given DJI the serial numbers to block them, so they are all pretty much useless and we have not taken much of a loss. However, the first time we were burgled was a HUGE loss. And we are still recovering from that loss almost 1 year later.

We are a family run company and as one of the members here rightfully said have had issues with insurance etc. they will do everything they can to not pay out.

People think, “Oh they are insured anyway they don’t lose anything.” But this is not always the case.

We have all suffered personally from this with fear of them coming back again. We all work hard to give everyone a good service and build a business and sadly some people in this world can ruin what you have built in a matter of minutes.

We have upped our security since the first break in and we have upped are security even more, so good luck to them if they do come again!!

If anyone has any information about the robbery or wants to talk to me my email is tom@dronesaferegister.org.uk and our landline is 01243 882440

Thanks,

Tom

11 Likes

Hi @Tomboyt / Tom, Welcome to GADC.

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Hi Tom welcome, hope you have a better 2023.

1 Like

:point_up:. Seconded.

1 Like

Thanks for the update and hope 2023 will be a lot better.