Drone SAR For Lost Dogs UK

Hi Graham, how do I go about registering for this? Would I need a heat-source camera? I have a friend who does this without a drone and I’ve copied your poster over to her to find if it would be any use to them. Also, what about insurance. I have my own (£2m liability), but I’ve kept it non-commercial so far.

You can join the group on Facebook. I read earlier that the venture is not regarded as commercial. But check about volunteer work with your insurers.

1 Like

They use there own insurance with coverdrone

So as long as you are a member and responding to a job they have asked you to attend then you are covered

1 Like

Some more info from another thread

https://greyarro.ws/t/drone-sar-for-lost-dogs/19867/36?u=sparkyws

Hi All, I can see a couple of members are asking how to join DSAR. If you click on the link below then answer YES to being a pilot I will get back to you with a couple of questions needed to get you registered. The questions asked will be for a full postcode for our map, an email address, and a contact mobile number. All pilot details are kept private with only admin access to our maps. Many thanks Graham

4 Likes

I really do not like facebook either. With it was just not so intusive

Since the Cambridge Analytica controversy, here, I deleted my Facebook account.

Could get run over by a car tomorrow

Too late I fancy.

Meta’s issue was getting caught

1 Like

I helped look for a dog a few months ago. One local group of dog searchers were adamant my mini 3 pro would frighten the dog and make it run even further and faster. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Join Sar for Dogs :+1:

Unfortunatly, I am not a facebook person and would never be. The idea of looking for dogs is something I do anyway in our area. That is fine with me. just the facebook thing. Do not trust it.

How do you avoid the intelligent spying that facebook does with the way it works. I do not like the idea that to know what it is doing they recon you should read the T’s & C’s every week (or even day). It is a platform that I can not and would not trust. It is a shame no many things rely on facebook. I will see if I know anyone in the area who are on facebook to be a relay for me. So I am still in the loop.

1 Like

Oops missed this. Sorry.

1 Like