Drone Scene VS Special Events

Hi all I have a question in regards to Drone Scene and “Temporary Special Events”

Today Sunday 8th I went to Folkestone East Cliff and Warren Country Park where there’s a Martello Tower, in fact tower no 3.

I have been eyeing up that location over a few days and did my homework prior to my arrival checking on Drone assist, and all it said that the usual ground hazard of people gathering in the area but not a red restriction as such. Besided a Mini 3 Pro below 249gr is not an issue with people gathering

BUT…

Surprise surprise, when I got there today there was an event up in the sky with 30 odd motorized wing flyers swarming like flies on a s#it and of course no warning on the Drone Assist app until I got there and the whole area was blue purple saying something about a specific event, drone flying was temporarily forbidden.

So my question is, would the Drone Scene app have been smart enogh to display warning about upcoming events in a few days time considering I was checking these on Friday afternoon.

see pics below

Thanks in advance for your response / clarifications.

Have you looked at Drone Scene? :thinking:

It’s already displaying a warning about a temporary airspace restriction that comes in to effect on Tuesday next week:

Or are you referencing something different?

No I have not got my head around understanding how the Drone Scene app actually works, I am not that tech savy (yeah I am very slow in that subject) so I have not used it. I thought I could rely on the other app.

The other app is crap and far harder to use

2 Likes

Is there a video on YouTube that explains to the very very newbie how to use the Drone Scene app, I can launch it but then I am in the complete dark as to how I should check for the safety of a location

Comment noted pal, but in all respect I feel none the wiser knowing what your estimation of the other app is.

Yes, click on the /About page.

2 Likes

For a start the other app doesn’t have 24hr support :+1:

In fact I don’t think it has any

2 Likes

@Badly_Drone_Boy

:+1:t2:

It’s super easy to use, and has all the info you need in one place, it even has a measurement tool so if you’re concerned about how far away your subject is from your take off and landing point Dronescene is able to measure it for you :+1:t2:

3 Likes

It’s also extensively tested by a group of drone experts :wink:

3 Likes

Cool. Do they frequent the forums too?!

1 Like

Just this one :wink:

4 Likes

You can sign up for notifications on the CAA website .But Drone Scene is excellent.

2 Likes