Drone Tweaks Modification to enable FCC / AirSense Mode

Thanks researching the risks of installing a fcc bypass via the DJI fly app

Only the small risk of being caught using it. But I doubt there are many people out there checking if we’re using fcc mode. Just don’t be daft and cause an incident/accident where someone who knows what they’re doing will bother to check.

I was thinking more about DJI refresh issues as 2 of my drones have some refresh time left.

It doesn’t effect care refresh at all, youre still using the dji software and not modifying any hardware or firmware. The tech for the higher signal strength is already there, the software hack just releases it to us lot in the UK and EEC. There are lots of people who have had their care refreshed honoured while using the drone tweaks DJI app, even on flyaways.
It’s also less likely to crash or fly away with stronger signal strength, as long as you’re flying sensibly of course

1 Like

Thanks very much for your reply. I find my mini 2 struggles a bit compared to my air 2s. This is obviously an issue as the mini is the drone of choice when in built up areas or nearer to people due to the more relaxed operating limitations

Its also worth asking what version of dji fly you are on? I updated mine a while ago and it was utter shite with constant video disconnects, crashing software that had to be restarted, and loss of control. I have now rolled back to version 1.4.8 through the drone tweaks site and no more problems since. I’m not trying to sell it to you and I have no affiliation with the developer, but imho it’s worth every penny.

I am running the very latest version. I don’t have any issues with the air 2s but the signal starts to drop off quite a bit sooner with the mini 2. But one is o2 and the other o3 so to be expected I suppose. I can’t say I’ve noticed any difference with the later firmware or fly app.

Have a search through here about all the problems with updates, specifically “DJI fly app updates” There is a lot to read so be prepared with some coffee and snacks close to hand.

3 Likes

Anyone know a way to toggle the FCC mode in the app, or to sideload both the official DJI app and the FCC app on the same android device?

Cheers

Can’t do that I’m afraid.
You can have both apps at the same time on iOS.
As the “modded” app is signed through a developer account

1 Like

I think you can by downloading the apk of both and saving on the device, but you can only have one installed at a time

But why would you want that as the app is the same other than the forced Fcc

@Sparkyws is correct, for android at least

iOS 16

For iOS 16, Apple added a new feature called Developer Mode. In order to be allowed to install apps outside of the AppStore, you will have to enable this new mode.

To enable Developer Mode go to Settings > Privacy & Security on the iOS device. Scroll down to the Developer Mode list item and navigate into it. To toggle Developer mode, use the “Developer Mode” switch.

Tap the switch to enable Developer Mode. After you do so, Settings presents an alert to warn you that Developer Mode reduces the security of your device. To continue enabling Developer Mode, tap the alert’s Restart button.

After the device restarts and you unlock it, the device shows an alert confirming that you want to enable Developer Mode. To acknowledge the reduction in security protection in exchange for allowing Xcode and other tools to execute code, tap Turn On, and enter your device passcode when prompted.

At this point, your device is ready to install and run apps from developers.

1 Like

Just wondering if anyone is using this with the mini3 and what sort of results you get?

Im just a bit put off with the “subscription” element of it, especially as the app is updated so often.

I used the drone hacks one with my mini 2 which worked great and was a one of payment

Im not sure about it for mini3 yet, but its not really a subscription. You pay once and it’s yours, after a year you can still use the app but would have to pay again if you wanted further updates. At least that’s how I understand it.

2 Likes

Correct

Hi Andy. It is a subscription, specifically because of the very often updates DJI has. I had a poll in the beginning of what people prefer. The options were this type of “subscription” and not worrying about how many updates there were as they would always be free or paying once, owning that particular version and then having to buy each bew version separately. People overwhelmingly chose the former, so here we are.

You can of course use this with as many drones as you want, there’s no limit on that.

@mynameisjoe After one year you do need to get a new license, as explained earlier. In addition to that, for iOS (which is how this all started), I am buying signing certificates from Apple to sign the apps. After one year, those certificates expire and new ones need to be purchased.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Makes sense and totally understand you guys need to get paid for your work.

I’ve now bought it :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks, Andy

Can anyone confirm what android app they are currently releasing.

Got a Mini 3 Pro with RC remote but lookin to get the Rcn1 and this app to extend range until DJI can sort out the RC remote (screen).