Drone versus plum tree, mini 3 pro

Today my son paid a visit to home so excitedly demonstrated my newish drone. I have a long garden so did simple manoeuvres, up, down, flying up and down garden and then before I finished he asked how fast can it fly!! Big mistake on my part, put it into Sports mode and flew it down the garden, but misjudged the plum tree at the far end. Whoops, it went into the tree and luckily bounced straight back out and hovered near by. RTH and saw all was well apart from the blades. Well and truly chipped so soon had a new set on and quickly completed a test flight to test it out. Another lesson learnt … at least until the next time.

4 Likes

They can take a while to stop… particularly in Sports mode!
This is an interesting video by @ianinlondon that discusses the ‘brake sensitivity’ setting.

It may be worth checking this out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you sure the tree just didn’t jump forward and hit the drone.
Tree’s are dicks.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Internet/GADC rules

Video or it didn’t happen :wink:

1 Like

Yeah we love a good crash video, please share :+1:

1 Like

Sadly, as the flight was an afterthought as I had been about to pack the drone away, I didn’t video the flight! I forgot to add in my original piece, it is a dji mini 3 pro.

1 Like

Ahh a Mini 3 Pro. That explains it. Trees and other obstacles, love tripping up M3P’s. A right nuisance are trees, they should be banned :wink::wink:

1 Like

I tried my mini 4 in sport mode last Saturday afternoon. I made sure l had plenty or flying room. They do go well. As you say, lesson learned! Happy days.