Dronelink

How does that compare with litchi @callum

1 Like

Just checked, much the same actually, although worded a little better. :frowning_face:

Litchi for me is complety offline, will see if dronelink works the same.

What stood out to me in the terms was.

1 Like

Is it offline though when you’re saving/loading missions ?

Missions created on the device stay on the device, it’s only mission hub that syncs with litchi server.

You can cache maps then run litchi offline.

If you create a mission on the device, they sync to Lithci. (If your device is connected to the internet, obv.)

You can then find the mission on mission hub.

1 Like

Didnt realise it automatically synced missions created on the app.

My iPad is very rarely online, just checked missionhub and only has a few I made on the website.

My freeflightpro app for disco has some flights I should probably delete from before they tightened up the rules. :rofl:

1 Like

Yup - all devices sync via the hub (if connected).

There are many reasons I keep the drone-phone off the internet. :wink::wink::wink:

I used my phone-phone and/or mission hub to set up missions, and then copy the mission file from phone-phone to drone-phone to fly it.

1 Like

Just had a check on Airdata while I’m on a big brother kick

Legal and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; comply with the law; or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.

Seems it’s pretty generalised talk where whatever you use.

1 Like

Yeah, probably just the way they worded it.

With litchi they make it sound like they will provide data if presented with a court order while dronelink’s T&Cs came across as they will grass you up.

Like you said probably all the same to cover their arse and just worded differently.

To be clear I didn’t ditch Hangar, I was forced out. I own 100% of Dronelink and can now make my own decisions about the future of the technology that I develop. I created Dronelink to pick up where Autopilot left off and I hope you guys like it!

-Jim

4 Likes

Welcome to GADC, Jim / @dronelink. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, happy to answer any other questions you guys may have.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarification Jim. As previously stated I was a massive fan of Hangar but feel very let down by them.

An email to all registered users would have only taken a minute of ‘their’ time

Dragging this one back from the depths…

Have been toying with the idea of a hyperlapse of a year of the changes to the garden. Was going to do it with Litchi but I just don’t seem able to get on with it. A half hour of playing with DroneLink and I now have a (admittedly basic) mission. It will probably need some tweaking (altitudes vs. trees, etc) but I think it’s 99% there.

Keeping an eye on the weather now for a chance to pop out and give it a go. But impressed so far. I may even spend some time reading the tutorials and FAQs to see what else it can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried mission hub online via your PC ?

Yep, that’s what I was trying… just didn’t click with me for some reason.