Drones could deliver medical supplies under UK travel watchdog plans

Interesting!

BVLOS and low altitude flights.

1 Like

From the article, “ It is also proposed to allow drones to be used on private property, without permission, as long as they do not fly above 15 metres.”
I wonder what this means exactly ? At the moment we can fly above “private property” at a height of 120m quite legally.
If they’re referring to the BVLOS, then they’re going to run into problems where buildings are higher than 15m ? Do the CAA actually know what they’re doing?

It means our upper limit will be 15m instead of 120m, because these BVLOS rules will say these BVLOS must be 15-120m. Great for bandos, not so great for everyone else :slight_smile: Complete speculation that, but wouldn’t be surprised. With all these delivery drones flying around now, push us under 15, and they get the 15-120 to not interfere with manned AC.

Who knows what it means, I think you’re right, they haven’t a clue, or more likely, they don’t give a flying fig about hobbyists (i.e. future engineers)

Could also mean around your back garden for tests?

Canna see that Gunja, We’re already able to fly round our own gardens ( just beware of any neighbour called “Karen”) :wink::wink:

Edit, I’ve just had a look on the CAA website at the article and there’s also a ( very) short consultation looking for views on the proposed policy change re BVLOS flight.

Yeah up to 120, it’ll be 15m, as long as you’re not invading privacy, and good luck arguing flying at 10m isn’t annoying the neighbours use, and privacy. So no we won’t be allowed to anymore.

My neighbours in the shower are my spotters.

Just had a thought there. Next time I’m down the pub, my missus could tape my meds to the drone and fly it from our house right to the bar. Save valuable drinking time :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

For the First Edition Document see:

Ahh , this isn’t aimed at us recreational lot. ( unless DJI manage to squeeze an ADS-B module and high powered lighting into a Mavic size drone) Bugger :cry::cry:

Latest article about it in flyer magazine

1 Like

Some of the comments on the bbc article are hilarious