Drones getting a bad rep

Excellent Post that…
You summed it up 100%. Be nice and courteous and friendly then the public cannot really complain as you are following the Drone rules. :+1:

@Gham if an air rifle is used or even threatened that is a serious firearms offence even for a air rifle. With some serious time inside attached.

2 Likes

Wish that was true. You can get away with more serious offences and not get locked up.

1 Like

About 10 years ago a little brat from up the road was in his back garden 4 houses away and was shooting at birds in our garden (tree). he shot a pigeon that fell in the next garden and took about 10 minutes to die. I called the police only to be told he was not breaking the law! They came round and said they would have a word the his parents. Hope the law has changed now.

1 Like

And yet, most people don’t even bat an eyelid if a google street car drives past their house :see_no_evil:

It was an offence then and it is now. It has been since 1968.

It’s also an offence under the wildlife and countryside act.

1 Like

There was a big hoohah about the privacy implications of Google street view at the time. It died out after a year or two of them being out and about.

Same with drones. People will become desensitised. Go and fly them, every little helps.

Shows just how stupid the law is, this Brat can fire a gun over and into your property and get away with it, but you fly a Drone over or near a person and they get all worked up. SAD or What ??? :exploding_head:

How many Karen’s have you poked so far ??? :laughing:

1 Like

I bet they wont be moaning when Amazon starts the drone delivery service and they are waiting for a delivery!

2 Likes

Poking Karens with this would be so much more fun than a crutch… :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

Where balaclava might get left alone :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Oh Yeh…I want one… :joy_cat:

That would really work well. :joy_cat:

Added bonus , it could also be used as a fast charge for your drone… :joy: :joy: :rofl:

My neighbour hated mine with a passion until……his overly expensive French dog thing got out of the garden, oh, all of a sudden my drone is handy is it???, sent it up and found “coco” 5 gardens up. You know what?, he loves it now and wants to come with me to the dales to see it at its best. No hard feelings.

That’s good to know. it’s fear of the unknown. country runs on fear, why we in such a mess, but hey ho!

Well done on converting another, I think the sentiment is that we can slowly “convert” most people, so it’s not a scary/unknown thing to them anymore. We’re seen as a little geeky, but most people I’ve met or discussed with actually start to slowly take a little interest, a few even wanna fly :slight_smile: and come and join me… Though boy FPV an expensive hobby :slight_smile:

Crashing is the expensive part, flying is relatively cheap :wink:

Meh lost an analogue camera with a perfect flight and landing, so… Still need to sort that :wink:

Question…Do French Dogs Bark in French. ??? :rofl: