Drones on TV

The newer mavics have an FPV mode where the gimbal follows the roll axis of the drone :+1:t2: pretty sure it’s an option on any of the drones that use the DJI FLY App :+1:t2:

I couldn’t change the option to FPV mode (so it shows the description of FPV mode) because I didn’t have the drone connected.

Don’t you have to enable this mid flight and not just whilst hovering, think you actually have to be in a forward motion before you throw yourself in to it and shit your pants! :thinking:

1 Like

No idea. Never used/tried. Thought it was only a gimbal behavior change. Could be wrong.

1 Like

Mr Ricker having issues with plane mode then finally sussing it :clap: not something I fancy. The controls would throw me :exploding_head:

1 Like

Yep, that’s correct, only when in flight :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just watching underground worlds on yesterday, episode 6 and a guy is using a mavic to map and 3d model glaciers.

1 Like

I saw that too

2 Likes

NOW! Olympic opening ceremony!

2 Likes

Missed it was it any good.

iPlayer -brief. :wink:

edit : not on iPlayer yet.

1 Like

3hr 25m 30sec into the iPlayer prog …

BBC iPlayer - Olympics - Opening Ceremony

Anyone up for a laugh. 3pm Ideal world shopping channel, ultimate drone Pro special.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I came across this by accident. What a load of bollocks. “This will do what drones costing £1,000’s will not do !!!” “Look at this, you can take films of the kids playing football at the park !!” Talk about a load of BS. “Take it out of the box and fly it right away, WITH ONLY ONE HAND!!”

1 Like

Yep you can throw this in the bin , with only one hand… Agree… :rofl: :rofl: :exploding_head:

1 Like

Villages by the Sea - BBC2 - Really good series on BBC2 on at the moment with some great drone filming. Just watched Staithes.

Moved your post to the general catch-all thread per the title. :+1: - and edited in the program title.

OK Thanks

1 Like

No problem. These days it would probably be more noteworthy when there’s a program without drone footage. :wink: Things have changed a lot since this thread was started 3.5 years ago.

2 Likes

Indeed, so many recent programs regularly include drone footage, and some almost depend on it, these days …

• Winter Walks With - BBC4
  • Walking with - BBC2
  • Amazing Hotels - BBC2 (Iceland, last evening.)
  • Countryfile - BBC1 … pretty much every episode for the last 2 or 3 years
  • Guy’s Garage - Ch4 (some great FPV car chasing last evening)
  • Matt Baker - Our Farm in the Dales - More4 … and he even bought his dad an M2P for his birthday in one of the eps.
  • The Lakes with Simon Reeve - BBC2
  • The Mating Game - BBC2
  • Top Gear - BBC2
  • Walking Britain’s Lost Railways - Ch5

… and those are just from memory.

1 Like