Drones on TV

Was going to post about Guy Martin, great footage and occasional glimpse of one of the quads filming as it shot through the screen!
Is anyone else’s other half groaning when you say “Look at that drone footage, isn’t it great!” :joy::+1:

2 Likes

I get the standard eye roll response :rofl: :+1:t2:

1 Like

You’d think they be far more interested! I have to agree about a particularly nice bit of something called “Cross stitch” when the Great British Sewing Bee is on!! :flushed::exploding_head::rofl:

1 Like

Disney+ / National Geographic
India from Above episode one is a ‘must watch’
Especially the section about the marathon run, the scenery is Incredible :clap:

1 Like

Wow! the first 20 mins of I’m a celebrity get me out of here drone footage really is worth watching… even if you hate this show… it is absolutely stunning ! probably available on catchup on ITV player later if you missed it .very inspiring. :clap: :clapper:

2 Likes

Went past there the other day (Gwrych Castle, Abergele), you couldn’t get anywhere near the place. No parking anywhere (nearest is I think Tesco’s up the road). Old Bill patrolling every few minutes and security everywhere.

2 Likes

Also noticed the fantastic drone shots, that quarry looked a great drone location, just dont slip off the end plank! Interesting that in the DJI Geo Zone Map it does not show it out of bounds as a no fly zone either…

3 Likes

The castle they’re based at is yellow warning not am with a phone number for coordination but a lot of their outdoor stuff is spread all over north Wales so may only get short term notams as required. Quite a few locals flying near the castle in the evenings. Sadly last year a fan fell off a wall onto,the road and got run over so police are a bit sensitive this year.

There is actually a drone racing club based at Gwrych Castle. Nice grounds to fly in!

Cheers - Rob

Moved the last five posts over to this catch-all thread. :+1:

2 Likes

Dancing on ice Torvill and Dean’s set filmed with a freestyle kwad.

2 Likes

Not so much Drones in the news but I did think the drone footage on Dancing on ice tonight was rather impressive …….Er I wasn’t watching it honest I just happened to walk in the living room when the wife had it on.

1 Like

if you’ve not seen it yet …

2 Likes

Ski Sunday also featured drone footage on the men’s downhill from Kitzbuhel :slightly_smiling_face: at times you could just hear the drone great footage at speeds up to 80 mph, stay safe fly safe

1 Like

Also just seen a drone on Green Planet it was in the last 10 minutes, very brief but showed hand take off :call_me_hand:

Of course the people of Faceache hated it :rofl: no surprise there:

For anybody interested in reading the comments :rofl:

I can imagine my mum, who is absolutely not anti-drone, would be one of those who found the drone footage disorienting and unpleasant.

Exceptional flying, but probably not the best way to present an ice dancing performance to the general public, even in my opinion, and my interests lean heavily toward drone flying over skating.

3 Likes

My mum loved it :rofl: especially when it flew between their legs where her exact words :rofl:

I can’t usually watch tv, my drone is on slow, but I managed to get through a whole show (Over a week) of a program on Disney called Earthmoods. Really lovely. Contributed to me getting a drone. I remembered how much I miss our beautiful world

1 Like