Duke's Meadows - Added to Parks and Recreation in London

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

See PDF at https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/3424/open_spaces_byelaws.pdf

Allowed times and locations:
Monday-Fri | 1 Sep-30 Apr | 10am-4pm | The Plateau
Every Day | 1 May-31 Sep | 10am-4pm | Anywhere

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 13/11/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

This looks like a great site.
Will make a nice change from Richmond Park which is the only place I’ve flown so far.

From here would we be allowed to fly over the Thames? That could be gorgeous!

1 Like

Worth noting that this part of the Thames is London Heli-route H10: not prohibited to fly a drone, but the advice in section 2.4.4 of CAP722 applies. In theory helicopters using that route should not fly below 500-ft (as per this page section 10c), but worth keeping an eye out!

1 Like

So I flew there on friday - what a great site!
Thanks so much for finding that byelaws document.

There’s a large flat area with no many people (apart from the occasional dog walker).
Spectacular views of the thames.

You are on the flight-path to heathrow so it’s a bit disconcerting to see planes descending right abnove- though of course you’re well out of the flight zone so there’s no danger. Didn’t see any helicopters along the river.

I’ll definitely be back there.

3 Likes

I flew here a while back just after I got my mini 3. Short video here

Paul

I’ve flown here too @evilC :grin:

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @evilC :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Don’t let the PLA fob you off that you do need permission by informing them.