EASA and the UK!

Pffft, minor technicality.

:rofl:

4 Likes

Get the stencils out

4 Likes

That was my understanding, as all electronic goods in the EU have to be compliant to the appropriate regs.
The CE mark shows that has been through the compliance process and is acceptableā€¦

I didnā€™t know that the class mark was going to be a circle with wings, nice.

It seems to be analogous to the RCD (Recreational Craft Directive) class mark on boats sold in the EU.

Pffft, minor technicality.

Tell that to the 2021 Drone Police!! :policewoman: :policeman: :laughing:

2 Likes

Just make sure your stencils are ā€œlegible and indelibleā€:

Clipboard01

4 Likes

/takes notes

2 Likes

I donā€™t think you need to do anything to continue flying if youā€™re happy flying in the A3 Subcategory, itā€™s only if you want the reduced distance limits youā€™ll need your A2 COFC.

Distance limits for A3 go up to 150m from any building or uninvolved person though, so it is a lot more restrictive.

In the open A3 category uninvolved people is 50 mtrs, any buildings are 150 mtrs. And if you have a camera fitted you must register the drone.

The CAA guidance allows that (50m horizontally from uninvolved people), but also says that the general intention is that the entire C3 category flight should be in an area clear of uninvolved people. The wording of the actual EASA regs (ā€œno uninvolved person will be endangeredā€) and the CAAā€™s guidance (ā€œthe area within which the flight is being conducted should be clear of uninvolved people while the aircraft is flyingā€) is not helpful - if these regs ever actually come in, Iā€™ll be flying to the letter of the law, not the guidance (i.e. Iā€™ll make my own view on whether anyone is endangered).

The C3 category flight just needs to be 150m from ā€œresidential, commercial, industrial or recreational areasā€. Under EASA, you can fly as close as you want to isolated buildings or structures under any category.

There are no C classification drones as yet so we have to operate with the drone code, thus 150 mtrs is valid for built up areas. Yes single buildings are 50 mtrs.

Either way you can do as you please, I am not you guardian.

2 Likes

Oops, yes, I meant A3, not C3, doh!

Today, yes, but you specifically said ā€œIn the open A3 category uninvolved people is 50 mtrs, any buildings are 150 mtrsā€ in a thread about the EASA regs. Iā€™m just noting that isnā€™t right. There are no restrictions on distances to buildings in A3 or any other category under the EASA regs, only to built-up areas. For me itā€™s one of the best things about the new regs.

Likewise.

Unless you can guarantee that the buildings are empty then the people in the buildings count as uninvolved persons, so the distance restrictions will still apply - according to a few blogs by NQEā€™s Iā€™ve read anyway

1 Like

Whatā€™s the beef, Chris?

Doing these because so few people notice things being released by the CAA and the links to all the relevant info from the CAA are always put in the video description to back them upā€¦

What are you doing to help people understand and stay legal?

1 Like

1 Like

If you are not already aware from 1st November 2020 (subject to change) the UK CAA will be adopting a new set of E.U. regulations which will mean PfCOā€™s are no longer issued. If you wish to renew and retain your PfCO privileges you may continue to do so after 1st November 2020, however this will be transitioned into an Operational Authorisation.

Even when the CAA send you an email, they canā€™t decide on the date, so is it November or December. I thought it was pretty clear up to now.

That was pushed back to December, last month.

Thats is what I though too but the email from.the CAA, extract in my post, says November but could change. The CAA seem confused.

Where is the best place to find the latest information on the forthcoming EASA drone regulations? What I have found so far is totally confusing. I thought I was relatively intelligent but perhaps Iā€™m not! A clear and ā€˜simpleā€™ explanation is what I would like to see. Donā€™t want to purchase a new drone only to find flying it highly restricted in a few months/years.

4 Likes

Moved your post to this catch-all EASA thread ā€¦ not that Iā€™m promising ā€¦

ā€¦ in the above, but it does keep everything in one place. :+1:

Is there a pinned post with the latest info?