EASA ruling regarding C0 marked, sub-250g drones and the EU 120m height restriction

Screenshot or he went to the EU (my guess is a screenshot)

Hmmm, not sure on that one Sparky, but Ian in London says if you unlock the height restriction here, then at some point go to an EU country and fly, the 120m height restriction is imposed and further says, when you return to the U.K. the restriction remains imposed ( possibly a rumour, but have a look at his video above )

Mate I am out you haven’t watched or read anything

This is a good example that the limit is app-based on Geolocation

Sparky, I’ve quoted Ian in London directly off his post. Awaiting confirmation though from other users. Yes I’ve seen your last post re the DroneHacks app. But I honestly fail to see the point in having to download a hack to correct something which ( at the moment) U.K. users should not have to do. This is something DJI, should be sorting for U.K. users.

1 Like

:point_up_2:

@markas

But are you in the UK?

Can see mine easy at 120m AGL … and well above! I intend to fly overseas in mountainous areas and if I take my mini3Pro or 4 in EU it will ask if I want to remove the restriction, but if I do there’s no going back and my CO exemptions in flight are effectively revoked (although I do have A16 its still a restriction I dont want). If I choose to keep the EU 120m imposed limit it will remain when I return to the UK. So my mountain area days are going to be either more strenuous (hiking up to get the shots) or considerably lower then I’d like.

How many times will you be going back to fly your Mini 4 in the EU above 120m (from your take off point) for that to be an issue, Colin @D0c.Col ? :thinking:

I go on hol’s once or twice a year once in EU and usually in the Lakes, Scotland or the Dales… high! Although as yet only used the feature once above 120m. I plant to go to Norway soon though and believe they are included in the mix.

Ok so you might be in the 0.1% of UK owners that could be affected by this?

Norway is not in the EU.

P.S. that’s a lot of planting, Norway is bloody expensive! :wink:

I know Chris, but I understood they are included along with a few others.

And do you find yourself flying in hilly areas in the EU, where this 120m might be a problem while you’re over there?

Sorry for the questions, I’m just really struggling to see how any of this is an issue for anyone in the UK :rofl:

1 Like

Confirmed …

EU, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland

Will it :thinking: :man_shrugging:

Yes, I have and will again in the UK especially. I haven’t in EU, or maybe a couple of times in Italy. So if I agree to the 120m in EU, it will screw up my UK flights thereon.

I believe it will yes.