East Midlands Airport contact email address

Hi.fairly new to drones and would like to get some shots of the floods in Shardlow but it is in the east midland airport frz so does anyone have the e mail for the atc, have looked everywhere but can only find phone number.

Hi @BOATBOY, it looks as though youā€™re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Have a look on Drone Scene all the info is there

Their phone number for direct contact is 01332 852993 . They are of course UTM ready so could all be done electronically. :wink:
Edit, just realised youā€™re after their email address.
atcassistant@eastmidlandsairport.com

PS, if you get permission to fly, when you go to the DJI Flysafe website to unlock the area, go for the unlock zone. Donā€™t go for the custom unlock ( where you literally draw a circle/ box on their map) Unlock the whole zone. Believe me itā€™s far easier to do :wink::wink:

@BOATBOY Not sure you will get permission to fly being new to drones and if you do they will require you to have a really good insurance cover. But please update this post if you do get permission as Iā€™m sure others would be interested to know

Never asked me for insurance details when I flew at Donnington Park Farmhouse during the summer ( well within EMA FRZ ) was told not to fly higher than 30m though as itā€™s fairly close to the runway extension zones. :wink:

how did u get away with not paying the Ā£200 fee?! i couldnt take photos of the aero park even at a reduced hieght etc

Didnā€™t know they charged ??? Iā€™m sure our PM Sunak said something last year about airports etc shouldnā€™t be charging drone operators to fly within their FRZā€™s ? ( or maybe I dreamt it ) :wink::wink:
Edit, the aero park is rather close to the actual runway ( probably within 30m or so ) Iā€™m sure that fee is simply to deter you from flying that close to an active runway ? I certainly wouldnā€™t want to fly at that location :wink::wink:

Funny rhing is i was gonna get some updated pics for them but the airport said its 200 fee for safety team and i said for what exqcttly i need to do hha, and sadly airportd charge and never ever heard ronald rat say anything lol

Your location at the aero park puts you firmly within the ā€œAirport Zoneā€ as opposed to the FRZ . Thatā€™s perhaps why they want a Ā£200 fee. If your drone were to suffer some failure and fly away just as an aircraft was taking off / landing, youā€™d have no time to even tell them. Iā€™d say the risks were exceedingly high at the aero park .

CAP 722C says:

(for ā€˜sponsorā€™, read ā€˜airportā€™)

The sponsor of any airspace restriction should enable fair and equitable use of the
airspace for all airspace users, including UAS

The establishment of an airspace restriction means that the sponsor is responsible for
managing it, and not that the sponsor ā€˜ownsā€™ it; airspace is a State asset. There should be
no reason for a Sponsor to charge for access to airspace for UAS.

Any such cost should not be passed on to UAS operators

See section 3.1 and 3.2 for more info on airports not charging for airspace access requests (and quote this to them if they try it on):

1 Like

Ahh yes, but the point Iā€™m trying to get across here is the location where heā€™s trying to fly is actually within the confines of East Midlands Airport and ( more worryingly) about 30m from the runway. Iā€™m wondering if they might reconsider if it was a tethered flight ?