Edge TX

Has anyone made the switch from open TX to Edge TX yet?

Just wondering how it’s working out before I give it a try.

1 Like

I fly a tango2 so I’m still using Freedom TX lol

3 Likes

Tagging in the @group-fpv has anybody made the jump yet?

I’m on Freedom TX too (TBS Mambo) no other option yet as far as I know :+1:t2:

What about your TX16S Deano? Have you tried updating that? I believe they have touchscreen support for it now :wink:

Never use it. I should probably sell it to be honest lol

I find that freedom tx is enough I have the mambo and can’t fault it. I had the tx16s and think freedom tx is better in my opinion

1 Like

Always good to have a decent backup though I guess :smiley:

1 Like

To be honest my Mambo is setup and all I do is turn it on and fly lol I doubt I would even notice if it was upgraded :laughing:

Currently still in the “not broke, so don’t fix it”* camp. :slight_smile:

*This only applies to my controller. I now have two broken quads that need fixing. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve been holding off installing EdgeTX on my TX16S until it was confirmed that the Yaapu scripts and widgets worked. Yaapu provides real-time telemetry and mapping functions when using Pixhawk/APM flight controllers. Apparently it does work so the switch to EdgeTX is now on the list of things to do.

2 Likes

The EdgeTX developer’s seem to be more active when it comes to bringing new and improved features like the touchscreen and widget support for the TX16Sl

1 Like

That’s what I thought. I can only see positives, unless it’s glitchy and someone has had a bad experience.

Worth it just for the touch screen functionality.

2 Likes

If I still used my TX16S I’d definitely be looking to upgrade to Edge TX :+1:t2:

4 Likes