Editing 360 Panos ... and retain exif data for FaceBook and the like

What’s the best way to play with a 360 photo that retains XIF or whatever it is that tells Facebook that it’s a 360 photo.

If I work on the photo in the iPhone photos app Facebook no longer recognises it as a 360

Windows or Mac?

iOS would be good. But Windows or iOS

Snapseed!!! Should have tried it. Delete whole thread if this has been asked many times before. Ta.

1 Like

The Mini 2 (and the mini before it) don’t have the exif to tell Facebook or Google Photos that the image is a panorama

Not found a quick (free) way on iOS but i use the excellent and free Exif Fixer on the Mac (also on Windows) and inject exif to make it seem that a Ricoh Theta took the image, then FarceFook etc recognise it as a panorama.

1 Like

Facebook does have a template available - if you can find it. I used to use it years ago to make 360 graphics so they had zero required data. The template inputted it all.

1 Like

I shot a pano on the Mavic zoom the other day and uploaded direct from the dji Go4 to Facebook. It worked perfectly and came out as a 360° scrollable panorama.

I did the same just now with a pano shot on the Mini 2. Uploaded direct from dji Fly to Facebook and it came out as an ordinary wide image, not scrollable.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Covered here @ash2020 , the images are not tagged in the exif as a pano.

Get hold of the free exif fixer and ‘inject’ some new exif stating the Ricoh Theta as the camera and it fixes it