Editing 360 Panos ... and retain exif data for FaceBook and the like

I use Google photos on an Andriod device, and have it automatically saving all my images.

The next day I will have a 360 pano in the utility folder that google has automatically corrected the EXIF data and it works on FB etc

It’s a workaround and Google get to use for photos for free too :wink:

*I think it only works if you share them with Google for use on their maps

No they work on FB as well

Only if you share them with Google maps, otherwise they don’t (I’ve got loads)

If you down load the file that google photos created in the utility folder it does work

The file below was created by google photos

https://www.facebook.com/563522789/posts/10159624429012790/?d=n

I think Android may work a little differently, although the utility folder does ‘fix’ and ‘find suggestions’ for a few of the panoramas I have taken it misses more than it catches ;o(

The big difference is adding the photos to google maps/street view

Dude explains it here -

It seems to catch all mine, check the image I posted above and the FB post I uploaded it to, I haven’t altered or used an EXIF fixer

I have, which is why I think android must work differently,

Heres one I took at the weekend in my Google Photos

See no little globe icon

And the Utility folder is showing only one from a couple of weeks ago

Wow I new you can do 360 on street view did not know you could do it on the photo app I’ve had googel photo for years lol

This one you only have to change the name of the file type. A lot easier

To be honest, I just upload to Facebook - I do not make any changes

Still a phaff

Not from a Mini 2 you cant :frowning:

Better stick to my Air 2 for 360s…

Or just use exif fixer

Or the Theta App

Or google photos :smirk:

1 Like

The never ending circular post.

I don’t understand the air 2 does 360 without any help it just the mini 1 and 2 that can’t so I assumed it must be for the mini. Is it not then

Sorry I use the air2 so it easy do not fly the mini much and not for 360 obviously. But if I see any info should I not post so others can check to see if it works.

I think until they realise the SDK and litchi get hold of it they won’t fix it, they’ve had long enough and the ‘other’ forums all raise it too :frowning: