Eggborough power station, all manual flying

17 Likes

Nice one. If you find you pitching of gimbal etc are to sharp you can dial these things down in the settings. I turn mine down quite a bit as I’m lacking finesse in my finger actions. According to the wife anyway😂

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: thanks I’ll do that.

1 Like

I know it would probably go horribly wrong, but the temptation to drop down inside one of those towers would be too much for me. After flying over 2 or 3 I’d have to either pack up and go home or go for it and see what happens. Probably best there aren’t any of those near me!

Chris, A few people did it at Willington on New Years Day :slightly_smiling_face:
Be brave, give it a go, worst that happen is that you have an excuse to buy a new drone :smile:

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh I was nervous just going over. Nevermind trying to go down one.
Bet it would look great tho.

I suppose if it went wrong you could just say your battery went flat at the wrong moment and it fell in. Please could I have my drone back?

1 Like

I really enjoyed that. My only Constructive comment or suggestion would be, to end the film after we have seen the drone flying away from the towers. That way your film has a beginning, a middle and an end.

I hope to see more of your work.

3 Likes

Don’t risk it. The towers are made from rings of steel with concrete poured over the top. The risk of loosing connection and your drone would be far too great.

3 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t do it anyway. Thanks Brian

1 Like

I Argee I didn’t even realise till after. I had left that in the video. I’m a novice at this. I’ll get there but I appreciate any advice thanks. :+1:

It’s absolutely fine to fly down inside these, but I was standing inside when I did:

Edit: to be clear, I’m not suggesting flying down UNLESS you are inside! :smile:

1 Like

Do you not remember the flying under the bridge ,( I think it was @fatboy )at Rivington when the signal was lost.
Flying down definitely not for me but super video @kvetner

1 Like

Yes. I got pretty cautious after the cooling tower visit but that was because l got too close to the water …

I was not me mate I did not loss any signal at all I think it was barryb when he went under the bridge loss signal his drone tried to return home It hit underside of the bridge I think it damaged two of his propellers.

1 Like

That’s more like it, apologies for implicating you😀

1 Like

Was a fun day there today :slight_smile:

Great video and fantastic location. I am impressed with you self control for not going down into the stack, don’t think I would have been so controlled. Well done, only thing I would comment on is the gimbal control, just dial it down a little to smooth out .

1 Like

Yeah thanks been told that. I’m a newbie so wasn’t aware. I have done that for next flight. :+1:

2 Likes