Eggborough power station at Dusk

Shots of eggborough power station at dusk. Maybe not the best on some for the lighting.

23 Likes

You’ve caught them well

:+1:

1 Like

Amazing photos. The towers look amazing in the sun

1 Like

Thanks speatuk, Hassan45 wasn’t bad but the lighting soon changes at dusk. Video coming on soon. Yeah the towers are great close up. Not sure when they will be demolished.

1 Like

Still looks very cinematic!

1 Like

Thank you

What equipment u using by the way for this?

1 Like

Mini 2. Just put the video on now

1 Like

Didn’t realise they were being demolished. Didn’t they do a lot of work putting in gas turbines a few years back?

1 Like

I’m not fully sure on all that yes they did start I believe but now all towers been stripped. Chris will have more knowledge but yes there coming down. Was decommissioned a long time ago.

1 Like

End of an era. I always knew we were nearly home as a kid when heading back to donny down the 62/m18 and counting the power stations.

Used to be able to see 4 and now only bits of 2 remain along with Drax which no doubt wont be long

3 Likes

They are just building a new carbon capture plant, but rumour has it that its days are numbered, maybe 10 years max.

2 Likes

Oh gosh never thought Drax would be one to go for a long long time. I know we want cleaner energy but was thinking some would stay.

Yeah they changed Eggborough to take biomass what I thought was a few years back as my mate worked on it. Turns out it was over 20 years ago…

Just read that they are planning to build a gas station at the Eggborough site and Drax is almost completely biomass with the two remaining coal units going offline this year. See here

2 Likes

Missed a photo and to be fair I think its one of the best. Edited a little.

8 Likes

drove passed there tonight… :blush:

2 Likes

Did you get think about getting your drone :thinking: :grin:

2 Likes

ermmmm nooooo, I zoomed past on the M62 :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl: might be a issue then.

1 Like

Superb pics there ,nice 1.

1 Like