EGLW London Heliport FRZ

I’m looking to conduct a flight at SW67lN next month. It’ll only need to be with a Mini 3 Pro and won’t be at a particularly excessive altitude.

It’s within the EGR160 Specified area which I’ve seen in another thread here only applies to helicopters so I think that’s fine.

However, it’s also just within the EGLW London Heliport FRZ. Whilst being a Heliport it’s obviously helecopter relevant, but I can’t tell whether the restriction is for manned aircraft only or it also applies for UAV.

The DroneSafety Map does mention " UAV Safeguarding Assessment & Operation Permit Type" under the listing of this FRZ so I’m presuming an application and permission is required?

A quick look at our own Drone Scene shows the heliport FRZ. The restriction is for all aircraft, whether it is a DJI Mini2, a Cessna Citation or an unmanned weather balloon.

This is the relevant information:

LONDON HELIPORT

Category
Flight Restriction Zone

Summary
Red zones are regulated high-risk areas and operation of your drone may be hazardous or prohibited.

Altitude
This piece of airspace is in effect between Surface and 2000ft AGL

Flight Restriction Zone
Flight Restriction Zones surround certain protected aerodromes. To Fly in this area you will need permission from Air Traffic Control or the Flight Information Service at this aerodrome. Flying without permission is illegal and unsafe and may lead to prosecution.

Contact Details
The London Heliport Ltd: 02072280181

Contact the above number and give them details of when and where you would like to fly including your intended maximum altitude and the maximum radius you will be flying around your subject.

Drone Scene is you best source information with many switchable layers including Crown Estates (drone friendly) and National Trust (anti-drone) as well as all the FRZs, current NOTAMS and upcoming flights notified to the CAA (blue in the map section below)

Once you have your permission from the heliport you will need to unlock your aircraft if it is a DJI model as SW67lN is in a DJI geozone. This video will help:

1 Like