Emax Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle

Did you try to bind the Jumper radio to another receiver?

I’m looking at the possibility that the fault lies with the radio and not the quad.

1 Like

We didn’t have another receiver at the field to try. :slightly_frowning_face:
We also were thinking it’s more likely the transmitter but could not get my Taranis to bind on D8 either.
Admiittedly it’s some years since I last messed with D8/D16 stuff :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If the TH2FS is not connecting to the original controller, the T-Lite or the Taranis its surely an issue with the TH? Or the binding process? In that TH2FS manual I posted they have 3 different ways described to put the TH into binding mode. Probably worth trying all 3 methods

Don’t use the “TBS Unify Pro Nano VTX” whatever you do. It’s completely crap. I’ve just had a nightmare with one that I got to replace the broken VTX in my UZ65. It did all sorts of odd things. I’ve chucked it in the bin and replaced it with one of these which works bloody brilliantly.

BTW, the " TBS Unify Pro32 Nano VTX" may be completely fine, I suspect it’s a fix for the problems with the other…

Maybe I mis-quoted from memory,
@DeanoG60 @notveryprettyboy and I use the TBS one that fits the ‘sled’ PCB, it works well and clean tidy fit.
@DeanoG60 come to my rescue please with the exact model VTX we used :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The CC2500 RF chip (SPI Receiver) on the flight controller may have failed, maybe?

Might I suggest installing and binding a Radiomaster R81 D8 SBUS receiver. This receiver is small enough to fit under the flight controller and will also provide a far superior RF connection than the built in SPI receiver.

As a comparison here is one of my THFS’s with a Ghost Atto Rx’er, which is a similar size to the RM R81 RX’er

2 Likes

I have an R81 receiver somewhere that I’m not using. I can post it to you Jonno if you want to give @Nidge suggestion a go?

2 Likes

We use the TBS Unify Pro32 Nano VTX and a Nano RX all soldered into a mount board called a Sled made by TinyLEDs :+1:t2:

All the info is in this thread:

Cheap Lock Down Quad (Emax Tinyhawk freestyle1/2)

2 Likes

Good. That is the second version of the TBS Nano VTX… the one I had was the first. It just plain didn’t work reliably.

I have every confidence that the “32” version will work well.

1 Like

I’ve got it in 4 of my quads and is a solid VTX :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Tbh i havnt really had chance to try it to much. I had a little go with it lastnite. If i connect it to betaflight it tells me iv got a fail safe switch on. Th jumper t-lite shud br compatible with the drone. Thats wat made me purchase that radio. Its a multi protocol system. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am thinking of putting elrs on it bcuz the jumper t-lite can use it.

Only with an extra module. Have the happymodel jumper t lite specific one on mine.

Yer thats the one im thinking of getting.

It’s probably in ‘FailSafe’ because it has no RC link, 'cos the receiver isn’t bound.
It’s a chain thing :slightly_smiling_face:
Steve

1 Like

Is it saying “failsafe not set”? If so that means you need to set your failsafe up on your module settings (internal or external). “No pulses” is a good option.

1 Like

Is the only option for a quad really otherwise you’ll end up flying to the moon.

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:. Still not getting anywhere with this tinyhawk 2. Os there anyone near Tamworth that cud help me find out wat its doin?

I just bought a THF2 and immediately purchased the Jumper T-Pro, very similar to the T-Lite, certainly as far as the settings screen.

On your model that you’ve setup, select page 2/12, then scroll down quite a bit until you see Internal RF. Then change:

• Mode > MULTI
  • Type > FrSky D
  • SubType > D8

Note, I didn’t get the option for FrSky D, so I cycled through the SubType options until I found D8, then FrSky D was available to select in Type.

Once done, scroll down a bit more, still on page 2/12, and you’ll see some options; Bind, Range, etc. On your THF2, turn it over, and underneath behind one of the X struts, you’ll see the Bind button. With batteries connected, press the Bind button on the THF2. The blue LED should now be solid, with a flashing red LED. Now, back on the Jumper T-Lite, select the Bind option and enter. If successful, the THF2 should make a few beeps … and you’re done. You can confirm it’s worked in Betaflight on the Mode tab.

For completeness, this is the video I followed, and it worked flawlessly.

Sods law, after doing all that, my batteries are now dead. Itching to go out an test it! :clap:

Did manage a few spins at lunchtime in the garden, and the stock controller does seem a bit pants. Tried the Jumper T-Pro indoors (big mistake :man_facepalming:) … and I can safely say it’s a huge improvement.

2 Likes