Emax Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle

Any recommendations for a decent set of analogue goggles??

The screen in the bundled goggles looks decent enough, but due to the size of my head, I can barely get both eyes in there. I just measured the width of the googles, 13.5 cm :unamused: ā€¦ designed for kids.

How much do you want (are willing) to pay?

1 Like

Preferably not over Ā£200, I donā€™t mind used either. But I donā€™t really know the value of a decent set. Other than top end Fatsharks costing circa Ā£500. Overkill for someone starting out. But equally, I donā€™t want tat either :wink:

Can highly recommend: Skyzone Cobra X V2 FPV Goggles | HobbyRC UK

Great reciever, and very good DVRā€¦ Itā€™s what I use, and noway me ever getting (yeah rightā€¦) the top top onesā€¦ :wink:

Throw in a couple of good antennas (the ones they come with are poop). I donā€™t think mine are V2ā€¦ And under the Ā£200. A lot of the good goggles you need a good receiver tooā€¦

Cheers. The price looks good. Just need to find how big they are. Nice one for the info.

Right, batteries are charged, time to see what this thing can do before the sun sets. Taking it to a local field :grimacing:

1 Like

So, yes you can go with Fatsharksā€¦ though theyā€™re not necessarily the best these days. Also bear in mind that you need to buy an RX Module with those and with the orqas belowā€¦ but not the skyzones.

The Orqa FPV One Pilot goggles are regarded very highlyā€¦

The Skyzone 04X are also very highly regarded and work out cheaper because they come with a module.

(I have the Eachine version of these, EV300O, slightly lower resolution, but otherwise the sameā€¦ not easily found now though.)

I bought Brendan, my son, a set of the Skyzone 04L. These are the same as the 04X, but with an LCOS screen rather than OLED. Note with both 04L and 04X, you may have to upgrade the firmware and tinker with the Mix/Diversity settings for some cameras. Once done youā€™re good though.

Others on here have the Skyzone Cobrasā€¦ Iā€™ve not tried these as I didnā€™t want box goggles after being fed up of the weight of my old EV800D box goggles.

Whatā€™s your eyesight like? Do you need a prescription?

Hey dude. Cheers for the reply. So iv still not managed to do much with it. But in the meen time i have purchased the elrs transmitter and receiver. Iv just to work out how to fit the receiver into the drone.

1 Like

Hehā€¦ yithā€¦ most over Ā£400 thereā€¦ Donā€™t bother with the cobra S, get the X for sure.

Also the X has ability for head tracking, and HDMI input if you were ever to want to try HDZero in the future (cheaper HD than splashing out full DJI!) Im not there yetā€¦ lol

Plus he might lose the drone before he buys more goggles :slight_smile:

Pretty much all goggles come with poor antennasā€¦ Or do FPVā€™ers just love to tinkerā€¦

Coolā€¦ I never looked at the cobras as I was determined that I did not want box goggles under any circumstancesā€¦ I love how small my EV300O goggles areā€¦

They all THIS bad?

Pretty muchā€¦ even on the skyzone 04X

Orqas donā€™t even have any.

BTW, The Skyzone 04L is under Ā£300 and should be considered if you donā€™t want a box goggle.

Skyzone 04X and 04L do as well.

yeah know what you mean. I just couldnā€™t justify the spend, and theyā€™re not that big at all tbh (far far smaller than the EV800Ds I had before), and that MIGHT be a problem for @clinkadink as the ones he just got are small. Be best if you can checkā€¦ hmmm think @earwig uses the cobraā€™s too

The cheapst none box you listed were Ā£300, then add on the antennasā€¦ Same receiver as the cobra. Great value. And for under Ā£200 (which was your limit) I donā€™t think you can do better

1 Like

I canā€™t argue that itā€™s under his budget and if he is happy with box goggles I see no issue at all. But if he wants something smaller itā€™s good to know that he doesnā€™t have to spend an absolute fortune for it.

BTW, I got really lucky and my EV300Os were actually only Ā£309ā€¦ which is damn good. You canā€™t find anything like them for that money now.

The ev800d are great goggles. They are less than Ā£100 I think @clinkadink.

1 Like

Great, unless you have my eyesight and have to extend them to being ridiculously big and still have to wear really strong reading glasses with themā€¦ They were awful under those circumstances.

Hence why I asked about his prescription.