Exeter

Hi guys

My name is Cynthia.
I recently acquired a drone, but I haven’t had the opportunity to fly it yet. I reside in Exeter, and I’m wondering if you could suggest a suitable location where I can practice flying my drone safely. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi @akichiak / Cynthia - and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! You can find all the details about our Membership Benefits on our FAQ :smiley:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Cynthia @akichiak and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi Cynthia,

I’m from Exeter and often go to this playing field near Isca Academy.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/crsH2moGwLuBJosF6

It’s usually empty in the evenings and plenty of space if there’s a few people playing football casually.

My partner Amy often comes and spots for me. If you want to join us one evening you’re most welcome.

Mikey

1 Like

Welcome Cynthia to GADC :clap: :clap:

A few miles north of you in the Taunton area.

Please join the @group-southwest and you will get updated with anything happening in the area.

1 Like

Hi Cynthia - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

@akichiak Hi Cynthia welcome to the club

1 Like

Hi,

That’s would be nice
But is my first time use a drone
Is this ok…?

Thanks

Hi Cynthia,

Sure, that’s absolutely fine, no worries at all.

Quite happy to just be a spotter and talk through any questions you might have.

Later in the week from Wednesday works best, just let us know when works for you.

Mikey