Expected analogue FPV range

Use usa I think. Uk locks to 25mw? Maybe. Even at 25mw you should be clear though

BetaFlight and board LED status both report (allegedly) correct mx output.

Next time I fly I’ll try and make sure I capture some DVR.

In the meantime you should put your VTX info on your OSD.

1 Like

Have just looked and cap looks attached, but it’s buried deep in frame so v. hard to tell. It’s awfully close to the VTX connections though… :thinking:

1 Like

As long at the legs of the cap are making contact with the live and neutral battery lead it should filter the noise. I’d probably look at replacement of the VTX maybe swap it out for a TBS Unify pro32 :+1:t2:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity mainly are you running the 4s version or the 6s?

Also I’ve just been looking at the info on your OSD from the video you posted. Your LQ looks extremely poor to me… looks like its constantly on the border of failsafe… it never goes above 8. Too put that into perspective my Crossfire setup never goes below 200 always between 300 and 200… wonder if there is an issue with your RX and due to the issue its causing interference on your video feed :thinking:

Also another consideration is your GPS unit. But I can’t see that causing interference I’m assuming you installed that yourself what UART did you use?

This looks like interference.

What radio system are you using?

Nidge.

I need to word this differently as I think you are using Crossfire, judging by the OSD.

Anyway the actual system itself is not an issue but rather the digital grubbings inside the radio which can effect the goggles receiver when in close proximity. I’ve experienced this with my Taranis and still getting the same issue if both the internal and external module are switched off.

When we fly we have a tendency to lower our heads which results in any directional antenna pointing directly at our controller. Experimenting with antenna pointing and distance between the controller and goggles can eliminate the issue.

I’m 6’3” so when I’m stood up and my controller is at belt level I don’t suffer interference, but if I’m sat down an hunched over that’s when the issues occur because the distance between the goggles and the controller is significantly shorter.

Nidge.

Hi Nidge, I have a Radiomaster TX16S and am using a Frsky XM+ receiver that is stock on the quad.

I’m 6’ and been standing up and even attempting to head track - to no avail.

Cheers,

DP.

Re watch that DVR footage you posted and pay attention to your RSSI value. That doesn’t look right to me. With XM+ I would expect it to start at 99 as you arm then slowly drop down in numbers as the quad moves further away from your radio. Your RSSI value looks sporadic and is extremely low. Check the connector of the XM+ receiver is connected firmly into the socket on the flight controller.

I thought, wrongly, he was using CF as it was labelled as LQ.
Which strengthens my theory that it’s an interference issue with FrSky.

Nidge.

I brought the exact same BNF with the XM+ receiver. And looking at the photo from his previous topic he had RX antennas configured exactly the same as mine and I didn’t have any issues with interference although I did only fly 4 packs on it before upgrading it to Crossfire lol

Maybe that’s why the LQ isn’t reading right because LQ is a crossfire specific telemetry value. Guess he needs to select the RSSI element for the OSD instead of the LQ?

Yeah, pretty much not a happy bunny atm. I spoke to UK seller who told me to take it up with iFlight - not exactly how customer support is supposed to work. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

iFlight have offered to send a new VTX, however I swapped the VTX out for a brand new AKK Race Ranger this weekend and it’s still far from brilliant so I am not convinced is a simple issue with the VTX. I’ve now ordered a different receiver so I can eliminate that from the equation. Tbh I’m pissed that it’s been left to me to sort out. I’ve tested the googles on a completely different set up and they’re fine, no issues at all. @DeanoG60 - If you do get a chance to post some video I’d love to see it to do a comparison.

Cheers,

DP.

1 Like

Will post some as soon as I fly again (damn weather and xmas! Lol)

For some reason my DVR has been cutting off as soon as I take off. I think it’s due to the fact I’ve got my pit mode switch setup on my arm switch so when it arms it ramps up the VTX power and I think this is cutting the DVR off so I will get it sorted and post some DVR as soon as the weather let’s me fly again (could be waiting a while lol)

I wonder if your GPS is interfering with the signal :thinking: mine didn’t come with GPS but it is in the post as I’ve ordered one from banggood :+1:t2:

I have a dvr of your flight if you want me to put it up? Only recorded on my rd200 though

1 Like

Yeah can do at least it will give him an idea of the quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYdk0xp8-EY&feature=youtu.be

Interesting, I don’t recall seeing any breakup actually in the goggles while I was flying, but I guess I could of just missed it because I was concentrating or it’s just the DVR as that’s always lower quality than what you actually see lol

Think that was only my 2nd time I’d ever flown a 5" quad so was concentrating pretty hard lol

The RSSI is reading 0 because I hadn’t discovered sensors for the telemetry.

This was flown on the stock XM+ RX I’ve since upgraded to crossfire.

The breakup is probably due to my rd200. It’s only got a dipole antenna. I usually plug it into my goggles av out, but didn’t this time

I’ll try and get my DVR working next time I fly. Hopefully if the weather is good this saturday :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like