Exploring Layham, Hadleigh and Kersey

2 Likes

I’m off to Hadleigh on Hols soon … any interesting (and legal) sites to fly? (Mini 2)

1 Like

I’ll ask my mate who lives in Layham

WATTISHAM

Category
Flight Restriction Zone

Summary
Red zones are regulated high-risk areas and operation of your drone may be hazardous or prohibited.

Altitude
This piece of airspace is in effect between Surface and 2000ft AGL

Flight Restriction Zone
Flight Restriction Zones surround certain protected aerodromes. To Fly in this area you will need permission from Air Traffic Control or the Flight Information Service at this aerodrome. Flying without permission is illegal and unsafe and may lead to prosecution.

ELMSETT

Category
Airport

Summary
Yellow zones indicate regions where operation of your drone may raise security, privacy or safety concerns.

Increased risk for drone operations
There is an increased risk of encountering aerial vehicles at this location.

CROWFIELD

Category
Airport

Summary
Yellow zones indicate regions where operation of your drone may raise security, privacy or safety concerns.

RATTLESDEN GLIDER SITE, SUFFOLK (AD) (W AND T)

Category
Glider Site

Summary

Altitude
This piece of airspace is in effect between Surface and 2000ft AGL

National Trust
Site
Pin Mill
Category
Open Access

Those are nearby NFZ’S

1 Like

There is Lavenham and others, all quintessential English villages! There isn’t anything like ruins around there or complex earthworks. What would be fascinating from the air is orfordness, it was a cold war nuclear testing facility that is all derelicts. Run by NT worth asking permission?

Thanks for the info :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I live in Hadleigh. Some good places quite close, plus the River Orwell and the bridge. Shotley Gap is good. I recenlty photographed Kersey church at sunset.

1 Like