Exposing 360 pano shots

As per the title, how on Earth do you correctly expose them? All I seem to end up with is an unusable sphere of under and over exposed rubbish.

Is it auto or is there some other trick?

1 Like

If you’re on iOS it’s simple - get Hangar360 - it seems to have that very well sorted. (I’m jealous of iOS for only that one app!)
The downside - they get to keep the 360 and rights to it.
It does save the constituent images to the SDCard that you can then stitch yourself, though.

Otherwise - I use manual - and tend to set the exposure by pointing at 90deg to the sun and having about 25% sky.

Shoot RAW and apply the same profile to each before stitching the resulting images in ICE, or similar.

1 Like

If only there was a thread about the benefits of shooting raw… :thinking:

Oh…

Wait…

:rofl:

Like Dave said above, simply edit the raws, grade them all, stitch :+1:t2:

Granted, that’s probably quite a time consuming process though :confused:

You still own the JPGs on the card though (not sure if Hangar also takes raw, probably not?), so you could always stitch and upload to Kuula I guess?

Not thought of getting an old cheap iPhone just for Hangar360 shots, Dave?

Yup - hence …

D’oh! Sorry, rushed reply :blush:

1 Like

Yes - I thought about it - but one that’s still compatible with Hangar/Go4 is still a quite a bit > £100 … and even more to make it “future-proof” for at least a couple of years.
When you get to my age and have to exist on a pension - you’ll understand. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll have an IPhone SE available after Xmas if you don’t mind replacing the screen (around £15).

So save the individual shots and stitch is it then? I’m on android BTW

2 Likes

I’m on Android device, Win10 laptop for ICE (free), it does most stitching really well.

For some with areas of minimal matching data (over water / large fields of corn, for example) it can struggle.
For this, however, there is a workaround that’s on my to-do list to write up as a How-to.