Fantastic Flying Weather, even in Scotland

So, After playing around with as many settings as i can, and trying different mods, decided to nip down to local beach, area to try it out…
**TIP 1 - when rewinding FW back it removes some pre determined settings, like the RTH point of return whether controller or person… if that makes sense.
I also couldnt find the compass to calibrate it. ( may just be me.)
So lost a bit of time as when flying i didnt want the RTH to try and fly 6 miles home… LOL. VLOS. is tricky when you are going beyond limits… anyhow, couple of shots from this evenings flight… i have video but rubbish at editing at the mo…

1 Like

Some firmware updates do the same thing going forwards in version number too :roll_eyes: Which did version number you roll back to?

There’s a Calibrate button on the first screen that slides out from the left, it’s buried somewhere else too, under Sensors. Here it is on the left:

Ha! VLOS is tricky when you’re only a few hundred feet out / up! Honestly, I can see my bird in the sky, I look down at the screen, look up again and poof! It’s gone!!! I squint and strain my eyes like crazy, think I can see my drone again? Can I chuff!

Those photos came out great @Cobblers thanks for sharing :smile: Did you do any post editing on them?

What was the wind level like? I’ve never flown at the coast before, is it not wild windy??

@PingSpike PingSpike, VLOS, is tricky when you are a mile out… LOL im not sure about that one. i rolled it back to 1.3.400 but have since reverted to 1.3.700/xxx.900 i think now, have been playing around to see what FW takes out the NFZ mod… unbelievably there was no wind that evening even at the beach so perfect conditions, just need to learn to edit and slow the yaw of the camera so it sweeps better.
Post editing?? i have no idea how to post edit anything… i did manage to “magic edit” a video which is in the process of uploading… but thats about it… i have no idea about filters, though i should remove the gimble shield so i dont get that annoying white line /shadow from props…
** WARNING** though did get a few errors while putting it through its paces…
MAX motor speed reached!
Battery Discharge error - too fast i think!!
GPS signal loss…
But apart from that , speed mods great… hitting 50mph HS and 22.5 VS up and down… drops like a stone… good for bringing back down… gonna speak to people at my work see if i can do a couple of controlled experiments… height wise…???

1st attempt at editing…( magic edit actually)
https://youtu.be/AQLmNATutlY

and one of my first flights around the local area - took a photo of my mates house…

any comments advice welcomed…

Remember the general rule now is not to calibrate your compass unless it is asked, this is why DJI have hidden it away deep in the app. It is believed that many issues with flyaways were because people were calibrating errors into their craft by doing it each flight. Once done correctly you shouldn’t need to do it again.

2 Likes