Faulty battery replacement - DJI Mini 2

An update for anyone with a Mini 2 or I guess all models of drone if the battery suddenly decides to go kaput within the warranty period on this particular item.

It was a very simple and easy process in contacting DJI support.

As they don’t accept batteries being returned in the mail anymore - all I was asked to do was to send a video clearly showing the battery serial number, then a video on me dropping the battery into water and adding salt ( I know odd )…

Two days later I was sent a coupon code with a link to the DJI online shop and I now have a new battery on route. :smiley:

Great customer service. :+1:

Is that so they no your disposing of it, killing it off.

Yes I guess so.

1 Like

I wonder if “chucking it in the sea” would be an alternative. Almost easier for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t want to be done for illegal dumping at sea! :joy:

Not even sure how long the warranty is on batteries?

DJI told me last year 6 months, it might have changed.

I believe it was extended to 12 months.

1 Like

Its 12 months and less than 200 charge cycles, it has been since 08/21

However, if a battery is faulty over 12 months old and has a low charge cycle then DJI generally will replace it

There’s nothing to stop you retrieving it. :wink:

Any chance you could share that video please @HantsFlyer ? :thinking:

1 Like

Are DJI telling you now too dispose of batteries yourself, sorry I got the warranty length wrong above, time goes quick when I had a problem with one of my batteries & told them I shall not be responsible for sending it in, this is what they emailed me

Dear Customer,

Greetings from DJI.

Good day. Hope you are doing well.

We are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you have had with your DJI product. We take reports like yours very seriously and want to provide you with the best support possible.

In this case, you need to send the unit back to our DJI official repair center for diagnosis. Our Engineers need to check the unit. To make the repair process easier, we have an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number with instructions about how to send it in.

Edit my argument with them was, it’s bad enough trying to get these through the post normally, let alone it is hot & swelling.

This is what I received in regards to the faulty battery :

For safety considerations, we do not recommend you send back the faulty battery.

The policy of UK Customs tightened, and higher stuck customs risk occurs if UK customers send back a parcel containing only batteries or including the battery of aircraft. UK customs may destroy the battery/whole parcel directly. Or might return the parcel back to the customer(sender).

That is why we don’t suggest to send back, and we have designed a special procedure to quickly resolve this problem remotely. Please follow our Battery Disposal Guidelines and send us a video showing us the batteries are immersed in saltwater and show us their serial number clearly. Then we will send you a free battery coupon / a free battery directly.

It looks like DJI didn’t believe you had a faulty battery so wanted you to send it back to be tested

The OP did have a faulty battery and a video proved that, so no need to send it back

What was wrong with yours and did DJI replace it?

This was another one of my batteries September last year, which was new,

It kept getting hot & swelling, this was one bought from Amazon fulfilled by Amazon, but after 30 days of having it amazon said the problem is with DJI, after photos backwards & forwards to amazon of the battery side by side with a good one, they then offered me a refund but would not replace it, so I took the refund.

Edit sorry, then Amazon told me to dispose sensibly.

Yea & probably that too.

@Rosssio

Battery arrived by DHL this morning… In all done and dusted in 3 days. :facepunch:

1 Like

Hi Guys,
Apologies for jumping on this thread, but didn’t want to start a new topic without searching first.

I’ve recently contacted dji about a faulty battery, but was told that I needed to pay a non-refundable service fee of £62, which is more than a new battery. Maybe I was approaching dji service from the wrong angle?

Also, they said they only cover 1 battery under DJI Refresh; I have since worked out, following another battery with the same issue, that the problems are with the two batteries that came with the fly-more kit.

The tabs on the side where it clicks into the aircraft/hub are cracked and no longer click; and to prevent any suggestions, I have not had the batteries in a cold environment; the original battery seems fine and this has always been with the additional two.

Here’s a few images to demonstrate my issue; any suggestions/comments regarding an effective repair would be very much appreciated. I’ve tried superglue but it just doesn’t hold.

Cheers, Dave.

How old is your drone Dave @DEM ?

What about an epoxy resin? Gorilla, Araldite, etc.