Faulty battery replacement - DJI Mini 2

Hi,

It’s a Mini 3 Pro; I think I received it in July ish and got the fly-more kit around August last year.

Like you say maybe Araldite, or similar, it’s just that they’re not detached, the cracks are small and I was hoping the superglue would get in there :crossed_fingers: (remembering something like capillary action from high school physics :thinking:) whereas, Araldite is a bit more “guey”?

Thanks.

I would return them to DJI for replacement under warranty

Care refresh is nothing to do with the first 12 months warranty

It’s a known issue, stand your ground

How many charge cycles has each battery

1 Like

51 drones on YouTube has done a video about this they shouldn’t break

That’s exactly where I was heading. I’d go to the place you bought it from first though, Amazon or Argos I’m hoping? They’re great for warranty issues and replacements.

2 Likes

Argos point you to manufacturing my son had a problem with his mini2 batteries less than 3 months old would not charge. Have to go back to DJI

I would have stood fast on the Consumer Rights act 2015

Mostly …

Your rights are against the retailer (the company that sold you the product), not the manufacturer, so you must make any claim against the retailer.

1 Like

Allready sorted Chris just cost a bit of time. But you are correct he had the deal with Argos not DJI.

@PingSpike
I bought both from Currys (Argos didn’t have stock at the time) for this exact reason.

@Gham
Thanks for that, I’ll check that out :+1:

@Sparkyws
I’ll check the charge cycles, but I’m sure it’s less than 200; although I have had a few flights :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:; I’ll read the dji forum too and get armed with info before going back to dji and Curry’s :crossed_fingers:

I’d just like to say thanks for the replies and that all the advice you can tap into here is defo worth £12 p.a. :wink:

Cheers, Dave.

2 Likes

In which case mate, I’d walk in to your nearest store armed with the receipt and politely request that they fix or replace it - as its still under warranty :slight_smile:

It’s their issue to resolve, not DJI’s.

Save your DJI Refresh for a time when you may actually need it.

3 Likes

@PingSpike
That’s what I thought, but I’ll be marching in with confidence now :+1:

2 Likes

I had a bloody lucky close shave this morning!

I was out flying over the sea for around 10 minutes, brought the drone back in. Soon as I hand caught it the drone switched off! The bloody battery died with at least 50% still left according to Airdata.

I charged it up and it just wouldn’t fully charge but when I put it back into the drone it still wouldn’t switch on. My other batteries work fine so I know it’s not the drone itself but I still think what if the bloody battery had died over the water. It would be finding a new home at the bottom of the Solent! :scream:

1 Like