Finally flew from the boat! Sad about the results

@callum posted the link to the instructions to add a pin just a few posts up . :+1:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

PNG

2 Likes

Rich, I use Final Cut Pro and changed the settings to make a smaller file, but it looks exactly the same whether in 4K or 1080p. Iā€™ve tried frame blending and that doesnā€™t work and Iā€™ve tried upping the frame rate and that doesnā€™t work. What I need is some software that puts ā€œtweeniesā€ in where the dropped frames are.
Iā€™ll upload some clips to dropbox and post a link

1 Like

Hope you find the cached video.

Android or iOS device? I can only help with Android.

IOS Iā€™m afraid Dave. Iā€™ll Google it.

2 Likes

The raw footage is here Dropbox - File Deleted but thereā€™s a lot of boring stuff.

1 Like

Cheers Ash, Iā€™ll run it through my desktop Mac tomorrow, I just wanted to make sure it wasnā€™t something as simple as your PC not being able to cope with 4K :slight_smile:

Not found this in my MA at 4K. What frame rate did you record in? Just wondering if a clash within it was imported?

If you look at the original file from the MA that heā€™s uploaded to Dropbox - link above - youā€™ll see itā€™s in that. Nothing to do with editing.

Only really seems to leave two options, the MA itself, or the card. @ash2020 could it be that the memory card did not have a fast enough write speed? Just wondering considering the high bit rate of the MA.

1 Like

The cached video is on the DJI GO4 app. Open the app, then editor, then album. You can save the video to your camera roll from there and then download it to a PC.

That is the cached video, right?

4 Likes

Thanks Rich, Iā€™ve got quite a high end 5K iMac and a Macbook Pro and its the same on both. If I change the frame rate and the resolution it doesnā€™t make any difference. My best guess is that the memory card is too slow, but not slow enough to give a warning (which it will do sometimes). The video feed was smooth as silk so its something to do with the storage. If Iā€™d only thought, I would had saved it to internal storage, which is faster. Iā€™ve now bought a very fast Sandisk Ultra U3 but its a bit late now. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Brian, I think thatā€™s exactly it. Hindsight is wonderful, isnā€™t it?

1 Like

Sounds about right.

I think one can do that in Android, too.
ā€¦ itā€™s just a load easier using a file manger on Android ā€¦ donā€™t need the drone fired up and connected.

1 Like

Drone doesnā€™t need to be connected to view and download the 720p recording.

2 Likes

You see ā€¦ itā€™s that long ago I used that function.
But yes. Youā€™re right now I recall ā€¦ back two years, almost. :+1:

1 Like

The file manager gives me so many more, and quicker, options.
ftp to my web server, or via vpn back to my laptop at home, between phones, etc. Just never used it for what seems a pointless exercise (on Android) to copy it from one place on my phone to another.
Can access the cache directly on Android.

Thanks all. I have downloaded the 720p version from the phone and edited the clips into the video instead of the 4K (sad). Hereā€™s the final version.
Hereā€™s the can of worms - youā€™ll notice the balls on the rear of the Air. Thereā€™s many a discussion to be had about that, but in this case it was absolutely the right decision. Although the Mavic was holding its position reasonably well, the boat was drifting away in the tide. One touch of the props on the rigging and that wouldā€™ve been it, 700 quid gone. I tested it and 2 balls is enough to float it. Yes, it does create extra windage and reduce battery life. Would I put them on again - yes, absolutely.
Hope you like.

10 Likes

Great film and edit, I really like this.

Only 1 very small criticism, did you use ND filter, the water looks a little ā€˜artificialā€™ at times, too high a shutter speed perhaps ?

Still really really like though.

It actually looks pretty good in 720p.

Glad you managed to save something from the footage