Firmware

Another basic question, sorry! I have just connected the Mavic 2 Pro up to sort the batteries out and there was a red band on the top of the app screen saying that a firmware update was required. I downloaded the update, clicked to update the aircraft but the update failed. Is this normal? Do I need to do this via DJI Assistant 2?

Thanks

1 Like

Just found a video on the DJI site that explains dates via DJI Assistant, I’ll try that.

I’ve never had problems doing an update on my MP - but there have always been reports of people having issues.

I have read there are more fails on the M2P/Zoom.

It wasn’t long ago that one of the Go4 version updates listed making this a more reliable process as one of the update notes. Obviously they still need to do more.

I did this update this morning - I used DJI assistant - make sure you download the Mavic 2 Specific version of DJI assistant 2 :+1:

@DTH Hi Dave where do i find mavic 2 version of dji assistant 2 ? cheers

1 Like

Here - on the right :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s M2P/M2Z specific - it will work for all - but earlier versions won’t work with M2P/M2Z.

It probably has the M2P/M2Z drivers needed which won’t have been in earlier versions.

1 Like

@DTH cheers dave works a treat,upgraded straight away,and also controller shows as “mavic 2 controller” as opposed to mavic orange?,nice one,and many thanks,wander why there is a separate version of assistant for the mavic 2?

@OzoneVibe seems it is true it says it is for the mavic 2,certainly works for me,so all good.now updating all the batteries via go 4 app,no probs :+1::+1::+1:

What I’m meaning is that version (probably) works with all models - but previous versions don’t work with M2P/Z.
I just downloaded that version and it works with my MP OK.

They won’t retrospectively add the necessary drivers to old versions.

It would be a bummer for someone with several models if they had to uninstall one version and install a specific version for each model they have.

3 Likes

Thanks. I can’t find any Mavic 2 specific DJI assistant, all I can find is this (from the link above provided by DTH) DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.4

1 Like

That would be the one! :+1:

2 Likes

Got it, thanks again

2 Likes