First 360 attempt - Burry Port

Kuula does nothing … the only image processing is at the stitching stage.

Kuula only “presents” the image in a way that one can move around it.

Where was this taken?

Ah - OK - then it was DJI’s onboard stitching software. Next time maybe I’ll set the drone to keep the individual shots.

Pano was taken at my favourite haunt - Burry Port.
I was trying to get a decent pano to make an addition to Drone Scene - I’ll get there :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thread title updated. :wink:

Ah - that’s a shame. I was going to offer to see what I could do with them.
Another/Any time. :+1:

Thanks Dave :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

This all looks very interesting, how is this being achieved? Is there an app you use to stitch the photos together? Apologies for the newbie question

I should add that I have a Mavic Air 2.

2 Likes

@pw3

You select panorama on the camera settings and the drone does it by its self.
Have a look at the camera settings and you should find it. Panorama 360

Just noticed you have a Mavic Air 2, here you go.

Then create a free account at kuula and upload.
Post the link here and that’s it.

:facepunch:

EDIT

Mavic Air 2

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for the rapid response, I’ll take a look. It’s been a while since I used my drone (it’s been a difficult year, as I’m sure it has for many). I’ve started looking into getting my Cofc A2, so I’ve been browsing the forum again. My main interest is in aerial photography, not that I’m an amazing photographer, but I like to take photos of things and share with those that do not have that opportunity. My first love is astrophotography, where I’m taking muliple 20 minute frames, over several nights and stacking them, but all my astro gear is in storage at the moment. So I need something else to fill that void :slight_smile:

2 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Telescopes and Astrophotography

Have moved some of your posts to the more relevant thread.

2 Likes

I like it, it’s kinda moody. Were some of the frames taken when the sun was out and others when it wasn’t? That would explain the dark areas. It’s all about experimentation, thankfully digital photography has given us that for free. Keep up the great work, it’s definitely inspired me!

1 Like

Many thanks for the kind comments Paul. Just before taking the pano, I’d been messing about with the exposure control for the sky photos I was after. I believe I left exposure control in auto :roll_eyes: and having started facing the sunset - there was probably a big change in the lighting during the 360. I also made the mistake of not setting the drone to keep all the individual shots so only had the stitched shot from the drone and therefore not able to fix my cock-ups in post :man_shrugging:
I’ve put it down to PILOT ERROR :joy: :joy: - fortunately - an inexpensive lesson :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

This is the perfect answer. :+1:

1 Like