First build

Looks nice but the frame weight is 2 times as heavy as the Micro Apex probably due to the Aluminium.

Yah Iv had a look for it on youtube as to see how it performs but nothing on there :roll_eyes:

Do like the Apex :+1:t3:

1 Like

I cant find it either. Probably doesn’t help with it having the same name as a go pro :grin:

I think Im set on the Apex, thing is it states it only takes a micro cam so would a polar cam fit it ???

Also how would I find out if I could use 4S 1500mah batteries with it? or does that depend on things like the AIO I would use…

My mate has Caddx Vista Polar in his Micro Apex builds :+1:t2:

This would be more down to frame space/prop clearance and what motors and prop combo you go for. I know my mate uses 4s on his Micro builds but not sure of the capacity rating. I’m thinking somewhere between 950mAH and 1350mAH. I can ask him if 1500mAH batteries fit if you like? I know he runs a naked go pro on his which obviously takes up more space on the frame. Will you be using an action cam of some kind?

1 Like

Why? The polar will fit in the micro frame. Although I have Apex 5" and its a cracking frame and actually it would suit your 4s 1500mAh batteries better too

Please if you wouldn’t mind, yah iv got a insta360 go…

Ok good news regarding the polar, it seems to be all coming together …

I just need to know if I can use the preloaded credit card FORD sent me due to the :poop: show they called a sale when I brought my car :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve messaged him so will let you know what he says. I suspect the 1500 might be a little big for the Micro plus the extra weight will probably affect the performance and flight time.

Here’s the build video he did for the Apex Micro with 5" arms so you can see how the frame goes together. It’s a nice frame to build and although it’s a little tight for space the DJI stuff just slots right in

1 Like

Looks the bizz thanks, so pending if I can use 1500mah batteries on a 4inch if not then I could go for a 5.

That said found this JB tutorial on building a 4inch and looking at the parts break down he suggest 6S 1250mah so maybe I could use my 1500s…
ImpulseRC Apex HD DJI FPV - Full Build Tutorial - YouTube

Must say the frame gets raving reviews and I can see why as the quality is very good…

On watching the vid were the solder joints on the arms ?? if so is there a reason for doing them like that ???

1 Like

Still waiting to hear back about the 1500mAh batteries.
The soldering on the arm is using racewire. You don’t have to do it that way it just makes it easier for changing motors in the future. You can just run the longer wires from the motors straight to the esc if you prefer :+1:t2:

Don’t forget that although a 6s 1250 pack is probably a similar weight to a 4s 1500 pack, the 6s pack and motors will have more power to handle the extra weight

Just heard back and he uses upto 4s 1300mAh but mainly uses 4s 850mAh on his 4" micro

I’m looking to build a Micro Apex at some point but I’m thinking of going with the Micro frame with the special 5" arm kit. That way you get the size and weight advantage of the Micro frame with the choice and power of the 5" props and motors :thinking:

Just found out the 5" micro arms don’t take full sized motors :man_facepalming: so I will have to give that some more thought :thinking:

They’ll be the 2004 size motors the same as what I use on my pod racer.

2004 3000kv betaFPV motors.

These ones:

1 Like

Yeah thats right Deano it has 9x9 and 12x12 mounting holes. I was hoping to fit some bigger motors to one but back to the drawing board lol

1 Like

I have a load of these for my protek25 on an XT30 … hmmmm I looked on there site and it says they do a 5inch but is it the same but with bigger arm like u said :thinking:

The 5" is a bigger frame with bigger arms. I have a 5" and a 5" HD version. Both are great :+1:t2: I think the weight of the micro frame is around 70g and the full 5" is around 125g