First Drone Attempt - Macclesfield Forest

This was my first drone video attempt using a DJI Mini 4 Pro and was edited on the DJI Fly app. I think I’ll need to get some proper editing software as the music selection is a bit limited.

3 Likes

Hi @there, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

Hello Peter, a warm welcome to Grey Arrows…

For a first attempt that is pretty darn good, well done…

1 Like

What she said :arrow_up:
:smiley:

Welcome

1 Like

For your first video its really good. :clap:

1 Like

Thanks, there was a looooot of terrible footage and I quickly realised how much you need to shoot when editing.

1 Like

You will get better and find you dont need quite so much footage, however I usually find I am recording at least 3 or 4 times the amount I actually use, so a 3 to 5 minute video will be taken from 10 to 20 mins of footage, and sometimes much more…

The key is to look at what you have recorded, and critique it impassionately, what is good, what is ok, and what could be better, then look at how you improve the next flight, and just keep refining it at every opportunity…

Oh,and try and make a video from every flight, that way you can look back and see how you have grown… There are some on our YT channel from when we started I thought were great, but looking back now I cringe…