First drone Mini 2 or Mavic Air 2?

Don’t forget Quidco too!

That’s probably because the address they claim their warehouse is at (143 Whiteladies Road, Bristol) is actually a branch of Richer Sounds.

Yeah just found that myself @Nidge Also there is another address on their site which says its their Electronics shop and its a little bungalow in a quiet little road in Callington. Sneaky scamming buggers

1 Like

I’ve just emailed them to show interest in their drones. Gonna see if they’re OK with me picking up from their ‘shop’ ? :smirk:

2 Likes

Also check out any employee schemes yiu may have at work , I got 6.5% discount in curry’s vouchers for my mini 2.

Also worth noting Argos employees get 20% discount if u know anyone

1 Like

My wife works for Sainsbury’s/Argos. Usual discount is 10%, 20% discount is offered a few times a year.

1 Like

I own a Mini and the Air 2, I only fly the Air now, the Mini nearly disappeared in a light breeze once and it put me off flying it all but perfect weather and I only really fly it to cycle the batteries. I know the Mini 2 is much better but the MA2 is bullet proof it has never let me down even in very gusty weather I totally trust it and that is massively important to me…I think if had the Mini 2 I’d probably end up buying the MA2 as well :wink:

3 Likes

I was about to pull the trigger on the Mini 2 but now reading this I’m back to the drawing board lol. The mini 2 is rated to wind speed rating of 5 so although still very light I guess it has stronger motors to counter it?
I’m debating whether to pick the mini 2 up now and look to get the Air 2 early next year (you always need more drones right?) or save some money and just jump to the Air 2 now.

1 Like

I would look at it this way.

If when you upgrade you will keep the Mini 2 then you might aswell get the Mini 2 and see how you get on with it before jumping to the MA2 later. If you find you don’t enjoy it or you do but not enough to want to upgrade then you have saved money.

If when you upgrade you will sell the Mini 2 to get the MA2 and you feel this is very likely to happen then you’re better off going straight for the MA2.

1 Like

Start a Poll ‘cakes’ and allow us to spend your money. :grin:

2 Likes

Buy. The. Air.

You’ll buy nothing at this rate. You’ll wait for the next offer, then the rumour of a new drone, then maybe you’ll consider a pro, and then and then and then, and then it’s next December and we go again.

Nobody here can choose for you. There is no right and no wrong choice, only not making a choice at all. I stand by my earlier comment, buy the most capable one you can afford.

4 Likes

I am working on the same conundrum and in the end I think its the MA 2. From the simple reasoned thought that if I bought one would I want the other?

In the case of the mini 2 … Probably.

In the case of the MA 2…Probably Not

And medium to long term would I want to upgrade?

In the case of the mini 2 … Probably.

In the case of the MA 2…Probably Not

Case closed…

2 Likes

You won’t be able to fly your Air 2 (legally) as a hobbyist, where you will be able to fly the mini 2 though.

1 Like

Mini 2 I’d say is more a companion drone so you’d probably keep it if you wanted something bigger .

3 Likes

Please don’t tell my Missus there is a possibility I may want another in the future.

I like my manhood like it is…attached!

Best to go balls out then and buy M2P, the second of shock of ‘only’ spending £500 on the Mini 2 will be less, you may get away with just a kick to the knackers as opposed to complete removal.

Try buying a zoom then getting buyers remorse within 3 weeks that you really wanted the pro…

Personally if I where you I would go min 2 as it’s a amazing little thing but if wind is a factor then I would go for a second hand mavic 2 pro over a new air 2 , both will probably end up being legacy in the end but the M2P is awesome

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody, much appreciated.
I decided (finally after watching endless youtube vids on both the mini2 and MA2) to buy the MA2 :smiley:
Have to wait till Christmas Day though :frowning:
although I may just check it registers/activates as seen reports of failures online whereby they are bricked out of the box, not sure if its a common issue?

Plus: I thought if I’m still hankering for mini 2 that will be easier to purchase as its significantly cheaper and unlikely to arouse suspicion :wink:

5 Likes

Hi guys, not strictly what this post is about but I’m stuck between deciding on a Mini 2 and an Air 2, to “move up” from my Air (1).
I like the fact that the 1 has obstacle avoidance, follow me etc and having seen my bro in laws Mini 2, it feels very plasticky compared to the 1 although if course when it’s in the air does that matter!
Can’t complain regarding the images/footage but the flight time and limited WiFi are annoying.
If the Mini 2 had OA, follow me I think I would go for it but the A2 is a very tempting prospect.
Yes I understand about the weight etc but I will be taking the relevant courses and my flying environments would not be an issue with the weight of an A2.
Thoughts welcome! :+1: