First Flyaway - Bizarre, non existent restriction zone

Arghhhh, Lost DJI Air 3 today !! Coverdrone claim done…

So I was flying in a familiar spot today, very clear, on a route I’ve done before when I was covering the floods in Laleham (West of London).
All of a sardine, a restricted zone pops up, so I think what !!! But anyway, I try an retrace my exact path, drone won’t move, zone warning… so I fly away from myself all the time trying to make a beeline for home point…even trying RTH, no luck, flew further and around, into ‘safe territory’, but won’t let me back… forced landing in a the lawn of a waterworks. Asked neighbouring houses to look, noting and can’t see drone, Find My Drone says sod off…
DJI map when I check says no Restriction on it’s own map
Drone Scene, nothing
Coverdrone app (which uses Altitude Angel), no Restriction zone

I think the latest firmware update or something screwed things up, 26 Satellites, 4 bars…

Let’s hope insurance works out :slight_smile:

Any Airdata ?

I wouldn’t have put a claim in with cover drone I’d have put a claim in with DJI first as that looks like a software error .

1 Like

This @jedpause :point_up: share it here

Sorry you lost your drone, Jed.

As above, I’d also contact DJI first because they removed every single flight restriction from their apps and firmware’s a few weeks ago.

@stevesb I do have DJI Care Refresh - Even with this I think I would still have to may the £319 Care Refresh excess…
But I will get hold of support all the same

@PingSpike yes indeed, so it was just bizarre… makes your heart race…
I just need to figure out how to get hold of DJI support without a Care Refresh claim, I’ll check

If it’s a software error DJI will take full blame.

1 Like

:flushed:

Just go on the DJI website and click on the chat bot in the bottom right. Then they will lead you down the necessary route.

That’s how much it is for a flyaway Rich, a replacement is £89

Here is the link, please let me know if you see it

1 Like

Thanks @stevesb , I guess you mean the live chat? I tried and they don’t chat on weekends …

I have uploaded the Airdata and shared link… it shows it was right in the garden I was looking in (owner was very helpful and let me in)… and the Restricted Area is nowhere to be seen… no NOTAMs either

Thanks @PingSpike , yes indeed that’s why I was perplexed… only AIrports still show… but this was toying with me, no matter which way I turned, even right over the same spot I cam from it just froze and said restricted…
I did hope taking a roundabout route would solve it, but another zone popped up on the river where I have flown many times… damned software and maps :smiley:

@Sparkyws here it is Jan 27th, 2024 01:17PM | General / Overview | DJI Fly log 1.12.8 | United Kingdom | Airdata UAV

I have the CSV files and KML/TXT files too

1 Like

Defiantly a warranty job, something went wrong and why was it in a restricted area when there is none

Get in touch with DJI

Search here

Thanks @stevesb yes I have searched the arrow point where the blue line ends. And the owner of the garden has my number and will check again in the morning… Is the blue line surface path and yellow line aircraft path… would make sense as contact lost before it landed… thanks,

I’ll follow up with DJI
I found my Airdata for a flight on the 7th, right over and through the same spot where the firs restricted warning popped up - deffo a device failure, look at the straight lines on the left and going away from the rows of trees, that was a fail today

This house?

Yes that house, I searched the garden briefly and looked over fence to the water works

I see you lost signal and uplink. So claim should be good.
battery at 32 mins might be a problem.