First time Flying my Zohd Nano Talon Evo

So I went down to @notveryprettyboy and @Steviegeek 's field today to maiden my (second) R/C plane. This one a bought one rather than my 3D printed one I destroyed a little while back.

After a few false starts we had it in the air. It needed a little more movement on the elevator and a 4S rather than a 3S battery. Anyway with especial thanks to @Steviegeek I got it in the air and managed two flights.

This second flight had a bit of a hair-raising start as it seemed to be stuck at an odd angle. Switching on Return-To-Home sorted that out and the rest of the flight went well. @notveryprettyboy has some footage from his drone that was following the plane at the end of the flight. This is un-stabilised footage. I’m going to have a go with Gyroflow on it as well…

Between my two flights I also managed to get some footage following @notveryprettyboy’s plane. I had trouble finding it at the start and then trouble keeping it in frame since the Runcam Thumb wasn’t quite at the right angle.

Then after this me and Brendan went flying around some small trees not far from our house with the 2" Tadpole… Of course Brendan managed to dunk it in the very small stream… gah! It’s now drying out… I’ll hopefully get it working tomorrow…

5 Likes

Its a great little plane you have. I’d recommend it to anyone. I’ll post you ‘external view’ footage up in a bit.

2 Likes

It was pretty easy to set up… I just complicated things a bit by installing iNav and going FPV. The manufacturer does also have it’s own flight controller to go in it. A lot simpler.

It flies nice, once it’s up there.
Manufacturer a bit misleading saying it will suit a 3S with the supplied motor, definetely needed a 4S to get that prop thrusting properly :man_facepalming:

2 Likes
6 Likes

Brilliant!!

I thought you said you’d got my landing recorded?

Soooo cool. Won’t be long till I get a plane I’m sure. What’s the cost?

1 Like
2 Likes

Here is the full footage

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cVkluMKuO2qB9D4Uc83xU5bx3Y1gs9dr/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

If you get chance, can you post your fpv dvr up if its recorded?

1 Like

Sure. I’ll do a combined video when I get chance.

Not too bad. Really struggle planes LOS… One for a little later in year, but sure be there heh

Yeah. People who fly planes kept on saying to fly los. I’m an fpv flyer so i got Karl and Steve to help me out!

I’m so glad I did…

2 Likes

Its not as hard as you think. Los with a wing / plane. Because its always going forward. But fpv is more fun and direct though.

And I got all the bits for fpv…

2 Likes

When I first tried (last year I got a polystyrene thing ummm warbird series is it?) I hit the one and only pole in a 2 mile radius and ended up in road and Run over. Somehow it survived totally in tact. No one in 7 years of flying from there has ever hit that pole (they didn’t even know it was there.) Put me off as they are easy to fly I guess. Will try again bit fpv … yeah boy!

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

Try one at the big meet :+1:

1 Like

:rofl: I bet he gets one well before then

Yeah I wouldn’t bet against it that’s for sure