First time out with the drone this year (Rutland Water)

Was really nice to get out with my drone yesterday at Rutland Water for the first time this year with the restrictions being eased a bit. Only got a few shots but it was just nice to get out for bit. I flew from the peninsula in the middle of the reservoir. Anglian water own the reservoir and don’t allow drones so avoided going to one of the proper car parks. Was a single track closed of road where I flew from which I don’t think they own but difficult to know.

25 Likes

Nice pictures

1 Like

Love the sky on the last picture.
Some size that lake

1 Like

Nice photos @DiamondDragon. It is great to get the drone out again especially when you haven’t flown it for a while. With lockdown easing just hope the weather starts to pick up too.

1 Like

Thanks

Yeah, it’s pretty huge. One of the largest man made lakes in Europe I think I read somewhere

1 Like

I live close to Rutland Water, it is a pain that Anglian Water don’t allow drone flying, Grafham Water is the same. There are places around both you can fly from, as you have found here.
I will be heading that way soon.

2 Likes

I was actually thinking of flying at Grafham water, think I have found some good spots I can fly from. Have you flown there before then and if so where did you fly from?

Hi,
Had a walk around it a while ago, before I got MINI2.
If you go down Church Road, Grafham, that is away from the car park. It is possible walk there from car park though, past Rumble area.
You then have access to Farm Bay and Sanctuary Bay. I think you would be OK flying from there. It tends to be a bit quieter that side although there may be some fishing there.
Have a look on Google Maps, you can see the tracks round the waters edge.
Kev

1 Like