First Time This Year

Morning folks,

I’ve not used my drone at all this year until the weekend just gone. I have this gruelling anxiety that I’m going to get into trouble! But, that’s part of being a drone photographer, right?

I went away for the weekend with friends to Derby. I took some shots on the way home, not far from Leek.

8 Likes

Don’t be scared to fly, just be safe. It’s lot of money just to use as a paperweight.

1 Like

Stick to the drone code and you have nothing to worry about, just go and fly :+1:

2 Likes

I know that feeling. Keep away from airports, airshows, and concerts, because the authorities police those.

That just leaves Joe Public. Picking somewhere quiet for TOAL helps. That said I was flying from a pier earlier, taking off from the deck. Nobody batted an eyelid. That’s even with a minute or two hovering doing post-takeoff pre-flight control stick checks.

Never have I ever had someone say, “not allowed to do that.” Nor have I ever overheard someone make a negative comment.

Great photos by the way!

I was in your position about 12-months ago, and was worried about how people would act.
I’m glad to say that I have not had anyone say anything negative to me. Most people frankly ignore me, but any that have said anything are genuinely interested in the drone.
As others have said, just enjoy yourself, and when practicing, try to avoid people (early mornings are good).
It will eventually feel like second nature:)

1 Like

early mornings and dusk are the best times for sunset shots and being remote away from people saves a lot of frustration and anxiety

1 Like