First video, don't laugh!

There was a closure of the M1 at J29 today due to a tanker catching fire, we live close by so it was the perfect opportunity to get a bit of video with my new drone. Never done this before so please be kind :smile:.

M1 at rush hour today:

16 Likes

You should have had a fly up the M1 :wink:

1 Like

That’s rarer than hen’s teeth, seeing J29 empty, I used to live in Clay Cross and always ran the gauntlet to see if traffic was actually moving there for my commute to work.

Nice vid :+1:

Or the scooter

2 Likes

FWIW i liked it :sunglasses:

Prefer runways :wink: :smile:

3 Likes

Good video thanks for showing

I’d know the blades of a Robinson 44 anywhere !

1 Like

Is there not a badge for the strangest things seen. I mean, this much traffic on the motorway is not going to be seen again in a hurry.

Pretty good for first time out

1 Like

Everyone been here before and the beauty here is that no one does have a go. A bit like karaoke. Those who have a go should not be criticised by the people who have not had a go, and those who have had a go understand how hard the first time is and if anyone who is used to it have a go then their opinion is not worth it.

I personally am still in shock you got a complete motorway like that empty and shocked still that not even a support vehicle or police in that whole shot. Wonder if the air quality got better for that period of time.

Would hate to think what surrounding roads would have been like though.

1 Like

A rare sight indeed, looked like the perfect day for flying too :+1:

Great video. Spooky too as no traffic. Just been to Hardwick Hall this morning, (Wed 23rd) and M1 was slow moving southbound at just before 10:00. Live in Chesterfield, so not far from the carnage yesterday!

1 Like

Now this looks like a whole lot of fun. You should definitely try FPV drones - i think you would enjoy

Thanks for the advice, that’s good to know - I’m starting to get the hang of it. Controlling the thing isn’t so much the problem, the issue is that I have to be one of the least graphically creative beings that our planet has ever produced… I’ll work at it but it’s not going to be easy for me to make decent looking content!

I was equally shocked to see the M1 completely empty, I got caught in a shortish queue traveling home southbound to J29 but managed to jump off at 29a. Got home and sent the drone up for a look.

Others weren’t so fortunate, a few folks that I know were in it for hours on the local roads to travel a few miles!

Thanks, we live close by to Hardwick Hall - my Mrs is one of the volunteer rangers there. Yesterday was carnage indeed, I just made it home before the real problems began!

I think you could be right about that, I’ve just looked up FPV and it does look fun - Don’t think I’ve had the M3P for a month yet but I can already feel a burning sensation in my pocket for an Air 3 :laughing:

1 Like

That’s how it starts. The fpv world is even worse and much closer to the style of flying you had in the video and more.

Loops, tricks, spins and gaps.

You’ll be hooked in no time :joy:

FPV - join the dark side…

3 Likes