Flickering video

I have a xeon 6 core , 32 gig ram , 2 graphic cards , ssd drives. the strange thing is that if I use the camara at a angle of 30 degrees its very smooth. this is where I get confused.

There is a lot more detail and movement across the full frame in the close straight down shots.

Have you tried rendering to a lower resolution like 720 or 1080p to see if it’s any better?

Are you exporting at the same frame rate as recorded?

1 Like

I have rendered it at the recorded frame rate, and I will try at a lower resolution , thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

I had one like that with a slow card in the drone changed it to a San disk extreme pro and it was fine

1 Like

this is taken with the same card , same render settings and same route, but this came out smooth

and the same speed

yeh I have tried quite a few dif cards this one always seems to work ok i had problems with my osmo pocket with a samsung card and put one of these in and instant cure :smiley:

1 Like

yeh but none of it looking down and how full is the card on the versions with no flicker

I have some thing to try thanks for all the suggestion, I will try them

cheers

1 Like

this is the memory car I used
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FC7W2G5/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

should be plenty fast enough i would try another tho just rule it out

it may need to fly slower or faster when the camera is pointing down, and the changes in colour could be causing the problem

I had this issue it was the sd card make sur its U3 rated

What shutter speed?

im going to try some of the idea that have been suggested tomorrow weather permiting, the frame rate was 30

Did you try rendering the footage you already have at 720 or 1080p?

1 Like

didn’t try that I will try it later

Are you using the 180 rule or in auto?
I never shoot in 4K with my Phantom 4 Pro, I tend to use 2.7k, not used the Mavic much and can’t even remember what that it set up as.
I would say definitely stutter rather than flicker though, try it also on 24fps

Ty I will try that tommorrow , if the weather is ok

Thanks for the suggestions

1 Like

its not to do with the rendering , I just tried 720 and 1080 , , mov and mpeg 4 , so it looks like the fault is during recording. so I will try the 24 frame option and the speed of flight

2 Likes

Is there any reason you need to use 10 bit Dlog M?

10 bit was a nightmare for me and I’ve got a load of footage that I cant use with a decent render. I get stutter or periodic individual black frames. I’ve not got as powerful a PC as you though.

If you really dont need 10 bit I’d switch to 8 bit.

Smooth for me on 4k 30 or 2.7k 60 including straight down shots at speed with lot of detail.