Flippin drones... 🙃

Got a Flea with… issues. I clonked it recently, no harder than I have before, but over time it has taken a good beating around the head it must be said.!

Flys fine in acro… in level it either can’t get off the ground and just flips out, or flys for a minute or two, then wigs out and does a back flip. All motors look ok and are free from crap. Suspect (guess) dodgy F/C or gyro.

I hooked it up to BF and re-calibrated it… made no difference sadly. Not really sure where / what else to test.

PS… Bring on the ‘don’t fly in level mode comments’… I’m ready for ya. :joy:

can the gyro be set upside down?.. or something else orientated upside down

I really know nothing

Plugged it into BetaFlight and recalibrated the gyro so it looked ok. It also seems to fly ok… for a while and then has a freak out. :man_shrugging:

It took me literally months of dicking about with FC orientation settings until I got my cineflea working properly in level/horizon. Even if it moved correctly on screen, it would freak out in flight. Of course, if yours worked previously that does rather point to possible brain damage.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sadly coming to that conclusion too tbh.

I stuck a Vista on it and it’s been a hoot but I’ll probs whip that off and keep it for something else.

Am I right in thinking you’re saying it flys ok in acro but in horizon it flips out ???

I’ve had similar issues to this but on mine it was the firmware. I was running Quicksilver. Angle mode was doing things it shouldn’t do, like allow power loops and rolls. The gyro was also twitching like crazy and probably 4-5x out of 10 it would flip out at arm. But change mode to acro and it flew fine. In the end I put BF 4.2.11 back on and it worked like it did when I bought it.

1 Like