Flummoxed - replaced my ESC, I have OSD but no controls

Just replaced my ESC and thought everything was hunky dory, I have OSD but no controls. It all links to the vista fine checked my ports for the FC on line and there right, but when I power up and go into BF none of the Aux switches work or stick movement.

Can anyone shed any light on what this might be please, dont really want to strip it down as to go through it all again if possible :man_shrugging:t3:

:point_up_2:t2: this

and this:

I’m feeling the same way about the prospect of fixing my Nazgul at the minute, but the Big Meet is getting close now and I know I’m going to have to grit my teeth and just get on with it.

Best of luck. :+1:

Its my Nazgul thats the problem Dean, as for stripping down I mean taking the top off and FC out to check. Hence is there anything more I could check software side of things before I go diving back in…

If you need help with out Jez give us a shout :+1:t3:

1 Like

Sorry the Apex is now up and running :crossed_fingers:t3:

This is the full setup. If you check all this and its still not working, you will need to dive in and check wiring etc

Brilliant thanks mate, ill book mark that one as its super helpful :+1:t3:

Just to outline as I feel Iv not been very descriptive Ill list what where and how below…

Replaced my ESC with the below, double checked the wiring from FC to ESC and all seems ok.

SucceX-E F7, FT

I have power to the ESC which in turn is powering the FT & CADDX unit, all the lights on the FC indicates things are ok. I have BF OSD into my goggles and my controller is linked to the CADDX unit. But when I power the quad up and link it to BF none of the AUX switches work and there is no stick movement showing…

Its as if the FC is not talking to the ESC? which can only be Iv wired up wrong which Im sure I havent ? or there is something not checked in BF…

When I had this after putting the new stack into my Nazgul it turned out I’d mixed up the TX/RX connections between the TBS RX and the FC. And I’d checked them. Lots. :laughing:

Ok well its in bits ATM so Ill have another look tonight, thing is with these boards the CADDX linkage is spread over 2 separate connectors :man_facepalming:t3:

It does sound like a receiver issue. I’ve done similar before and a simple changing of wires sorted it.
However, this was with me using crossfire and I think you will be using the DJI controller?

I’m sure you have but it may be worth double-checking the tx/rx wiring

1 Like

Yeah, doesn’t the dji controller just use SBUS?

Yeah, it does use sbus.

The article tagged above covers it really well - How to Setup DJI FPV System (Air Unit, Goggles, Remote and Betaflight) - Oscar Liang

1 Like

Could be the protection diode for the sbus on the vista like you had before? But if you havent changed any of the wiring from when it was working its unlikely

1 Like

Have you reflashed betaflight or updated anything?

1 Like

It does mate

TBH I cant remember if Iv updated the firmware to 4.3 :man_facepalming:t3:

I’m defense Iv been fixing that much lately its hard to keep track, but Ill re-flash it tonight see if that resolves it and triple check the wiring …

For that flight controller (assuming youre using the plugs for connecting) you should have Uart1 set to MSP and Uart2 set for serial rx

1 Like

Would you know which 1 of the plugs is my controller?

Its really strange as the top 1, they have made the plug hole ( On the board ) larger than the plug from the Caddx unit hence you have to avoid the top pin VTX not sure why this is done that way??.

1 Like