Flying a dji mini drone - Ipswich

Anyone in Ipswich with a dji mini 3 that might be able to give me a few tips please.

Regards Richard

Obviously not

I know not everyone puts themselves in appropriate groups, but the DJI Mini 3 group is still a fairly exclusive club and the Region Southeast group is also fairly small. :slight_smile:

Similarly, not everyone puts themselves on the Members Map for you to find them.

You could try tagging the groups in your message (i.e. @group-dji-mini3 / @group-southeast) which will at least notify those members of your post, but without that you’re dependent on everybody reading your thread and happening upon your question. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Richard. I know it’s been over a year since your post. But I’m in Ipswich, just sourced a DJI Mini 2 SE and struggling with where to fly round here!! I’m gonna try Chantry this weekend.
Thanks to @overdrive819 for the location. I’ve contacted the council asking for map showing the flying area, but so far no reply (it’s only been a week).

Hi @ukskidmark, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

You don’t need to look any further than our very own Drone Scene. You’ll need to be a member to access all map layers, but it is 100% worth every penny.

1 Like

I took a trip down to Chantry Park, Ipswich this afternoon. Nothing on the maps at the main entrances. Finally found an old map in the car park which shows the flying area.

That’s a map. The “flying area” is what you make it.

I’ll take my lead from the swallow. Anywhere it can go … I can go! #ItsTheLaw

Agreed. However Ipswich BC parks bylaws explicitly ban the taking off and landing of drones in their parks, except that specific area.
The awful things is, they are proposing new bylaws which will limit the flying even in that space to just Wednesdays 1.00pm until 30 minutes before dusk, Saturdays from 10.00am and Sundays from 2.00pm

Proposed new park byelaws | Ipswich Borough Council

Then don’t fly from their parks. How many photos and videos can one do/see from a park?

Head out to the countryside :+1:

1 Like

Apparently so…. @milkmanchris

Like Mystic Meg that post was over a year before the release :crystal_ball:

Crikey! Came up as new for me and took me back to the start of the thread. Never thought to look at the date.

1 Like