Flying a dji mini drone - Ipswich

Good Morning to you all, My name is Richard and Ilive inIpswich.
I have just bought the dji mini 3 pro and wondered if there is anyone in my area with a dji mini drone as I would be interested in getting a few pointers before I take to the sky

Kind Regards Richard

2 Likes

Hi @Richard20D and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Richard - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi Dave, Without sounding stupid is the burger bar only available on the website or in your email

On the website only.

2 Likes

I’m in Ipswich (and green with envy you’ve got a mini 3!). Had a nice experience on a weekday at a park close to the rail station - hardly anyone about at the time.

There are amazing shots to be had of the Orwell Bridge as well as Orwell River running towards Felixstowe. It was on my hitlist last December when I had a weekend at Shotley booked but I caught covid and had to cancel.

Thanks Jhdee.

Hi Efe Thanks for the message. Were you flying a drone at the park?
Do you know anyone with a dji mini ? and what drone do you have ?

Richard

Hi Richard’
you can fly in chantry park near to the old convalescent home and Landseer rd park in the corner
of Landseer rd and down the waterfront is nice if you go high.enjoy
phil

Hi Phil thanks for the info. Do you have a dji mini ?

DJI mini 2 SE

1 Like

Is there such a thing ?

Ignore the 2 :grin:

1 Like

Hi Everyone does anyone in the ipswich area have a dji mini drone please as I would like to meet up.

Regards Richard

Hi Richard.
sorry for the slow reply.mini 2 .i would love to meet up. but alas i care for my mother now as she need more care now and i came only get out when i can. but have fun with your one i did a lot of flying around the old runway at martlesham out side the old fence good place to practice.
phil

Hi, sorry to hear about your mum. I know what it’s like. Phil, it looks like we’re in the same boat. I have looked after my Dad for the last six years as he is 94 and can’t hardly walk and is nearly blind.
His partner has dementia so I am there every day doing meals and sorting everything out like you I suppose ie medication and so on.
I have a brilliant lady that comes in twice a day to help my dad’s partner but it’s a strain on life sometimes. It would be great to meet up as I don’t know anyone with a drone
You don’t need to apologize about the delay in getting back to me Phil I understand.

Richard

Hi Richard
if you PM me maybe we can arrange some thing

Hi Richard

I’ve removed your email address from the post, the forums are easy searched and we don’t want you getting spammed to the end of the earth and back. Swap email addresses and phone numbers etc by PM

Ok thanks for that I really appreciate it Chris.

Richard